“Yum!”

Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Los Angeles, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great food and service! It was wonderful to sit outside but I was surprised how small the inside is. The inside could be updated slightly too. However, this is a great deal! We came for brunch and although there was a wait the host said they would stay until everyone was seated and finished... Great attitude! Hope they can expand one day!

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Wonderful pancakes”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Our group of three women all enjoyed our delicious pancakes at Paula's! We got there early and so did not have to wait for a table. Be warned - they fill up quickly! At around $12 for the combo of two eggs, turkey sausage and a HUGE pancake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, I thought the price was reasonable. Plus, big kudos to the kitchen for knowing what "over hard" eggs are. It's amazing how many restaurants get it wrong. Tasty, tasty!

Visited July 2013
Glendale
“Enough to share”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Used Tripadvisor to look at restaurants in Solvang. We were spending the day in Solvang, so figured we'd start the day with breakfast. We had a 15 minute wait for a table or could be seated immediately at the counter. The counter allowed you to see the place in full action. I ordered the Danish pancake combo, which came with 2 eggs, bacon or sausage and of course Danish pancakes and added a side of Danish sausage and hashbrowns. We split everything and it was just right. The pancakes were a thinner version or regular pancakes, but much larger. The sausage had a nice flavor that I couldn't quite place, not the sage or spice I'm used to. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. It was a nice, cozy place and a great start.

• Visited June 2013
“My favorite pancake”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

There is a reason for the MOB of people. This place is the best from the fresh squeezed (upon order) orange juice to the delicious pancake. I love it and go each time I visit Solvang. Yes, the wait is worth it.

Visited August 2012
Ventura, California
“Meh.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Food was MEH. I got the veggie omelette with bacon, fruit and a biscuit.
I wasn't very impressed. The foof was expensive, if I hadn't been by myself I would have had to wait forever for a table (ended up sitting at the bar). Good customer service though and promptly brought my (unimpressive) food out.

Visited July 2013

Been to Paula's Pancake House? Share your experiences!