“Danish Pancakes Rule!”

Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Anyone who has been to Solvang has probably eaten at Paula's Pancake House. The Danish pancakes are phenomenal as is the fresh squeezed orange juice! Once you experience Paula's Danish pancakes, you'll never want to eat a regular pancake again. Best to go early (before 8 a.m.) as the restaurant and patio fill up quickly and the wait time can be long. It's worth driving into Solvang just to eat at Paula's!

1  Thank Wanderllust

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family love this place so much that we made it a point to stop there for breakfast when we drove from LA to SFO and then from SFO to LA.

Even though we already had bf at the hotel before we head to Paula's Pancake, we always finish everything we order. You must try their pancakes and sausages which are very unique and delicious. Danish pancakes are large but thin, very different from the usual pancakes. The thin coating of icing sugar on the soft pancake complements so well together.

I will definitely go there again if I am in Solvang!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our family has made many trips to Solvang and surrounding areas over the years and we have found Paula's to be the best choice for breakfast.

I am not a breakfast person and do not regularly eat breakfast either at home or out, but look forward to the occasional trip to the California Central Coast area simply to have the opportunity to eat at Paula's.

Nothing fancy here. A simple, Danish motif café that has not changed over the last 30 or so years. Good, simple food with decent portions. Servers are friendly and need to occasionally take over the orange-juicing machine that is right out on the restaurant floor next to the counter to get your fresh juice!

The eggs are eggs, toast is toast, and although I would have to say that the hash-browns are especially good (particularly when well done), the Danish style sausage, Belgian waffles, and Danish pancakes are the real treat. The latter are my favorite, two to an order, stretching over an oval plate maybe 12-14 inches wide. May, 2013 price was $6.99 and are available as part of a couple of combos.

There are only a couple of other restaurants in town that are open for breakfast, none of which compare in my opinion. Many hotels offer Danish style pastries as part of their " free" continental breakfasts but do not succumb to these offers. Take the pastries for later if you must but try Paula's for a real treat.

They open at 6am and I would suggest getting there as early as possible on weekends as there can be a short wait.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Hubby had the usual eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy. The sausage was Danish( you get a choice), it is good but not the usual breakfast sausage flavor.....more like a swedish meatball flavor. He enjoyed it but would rather have had the regular breakfast sausage. I had the Danish pancakes with strawberries. Their pancake are thin but not crepe thin and sweeter then normal pancakes, I put a lil maple syrup on it but decides it was great without.
Service was great even at almost 7 am. Coffee was really good too.
I would totally eat there again and try some of the other stuff too.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Very good breakfast in solvang. Went for breakfast around 8am and already a little wait, not too bad, but when we left their was a line. Dinner atmosphere, quick, good food. Ordered the Danish pancakes with apples and waffle with strawberries. Would come back again