“Good Choice for Good Food”

River Grill At The Alisal
Ranked #37 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: The River Grill is located at The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort.
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I enjoy going to the River Grill. I very much enjoy the beautiful views and the comfortable atmosphere inside. The menu is not the most exciting, but I do enjoy their soups and salads, steak tacos. I like going there for breakfasts and the great coffee. Sit by the fireplace on a cool day and you will be very cozy.

I do wish that they had room to move the bar farther away from the dining area. Sometimes the bar customers are loud and I don't like having the TVs blaring as I eat. One evening we were eating dinner outside on the patio with our friends. There was a group of rowdy, tipsy people smoking, drinking and cursing outside close by. That soured our dining experience. I didn't say anything to management since I figured if I could hear them so could the staff. They eventually left to our relief. The staff didn't seem to care or notice.

1  Thank BadGoat

Reviewed July 9, 2009

View of the golfcourse, consistent food---not amazing but good. Service is okay, overall always a nice meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2008

we had a terrible experience at this place.the manager lady was really rude to us when we ask our server to turn down the sound of the TV'S.this person should not be in the restaurant business.she doesn't know what is she doing.
the food is mediocre not to say terrible.no creativity what so ever.
not recommended at all

1  Thank rchiston
Reviewed September 29, 2005

Small golf club restaurant with good food, fairly interesting menu. Service and staff were above average. Nice views and fireplace. We would eat there again.

3  Thank msh16