“Great place to enjoy good food with family and friends”

River Grill At The Alisal
Ranked #32 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: The River Grill is located at The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort.
Solvang
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to enjoy good food with family and friends”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My family and I really enjoy visiting and eating at the River Grill. It’s one of our favorite places to eat out in the Santa Ynez Valley. We love to sit out on the patio for breakfast or lunch overlooking the beautiful golf course and surrounding mountains. It’s beautiful! - a very relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. The service is above average and the staff has always been very friendly and helpful. We’ve never had a bad experience at the River Grill. As others have said, the menu selection is not very extensive, but the food has always been well above “average.” Several other reviews on this site have mentioned that the service is slow. I would agree that this wouldn’t be the place to visit if you are in a hurry, but if you’re looking for a pleasant relaxing experience while you dine, I would, without hesitation, recommend the River Grill. I’ve never considered the service slow, rather very relaxed. The River Grill is a great place to go to enjoy good food with family and friends.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank R B

Solvang, CA
“Golf club dining”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Especially great for lunch on a nice day, you can sit on the patio, have some of the famous Chicken Tortilla Soup, or any other classic salad or sandwich, and really have a lovely afternoon.

Santa Barbara, California
“Great reward after a round of golf”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Lovely setting and great menu choices. Food is well prepared and has a full bar for those you care.

Santa Barbara, CA
“If you don't mind waiting.... food is good”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Well if the service was better I'd give it an excellent - because I've always had good food, I really like their salads, in the running for one of the best valley burgers actually. I've been there many times where they have taken forever, but if you are not in a hurry and that doesn't bother you.... nice to sit outside

2 Thank winniway
solvang
“suspect racism”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I have been to this restaurant many times with caucasion friends and family. Service can be slow, food is consistently good, generally a positive experience.

Today I went there with my asian daughter who is very well behaved for a girls lunch. It took so long to even have someone come to our table I was shocked. Longer for a drink order (usual time to eat and leave). Ready to leave when they finally took our simple order, salad and fruit and chicken strips from the children's menu. It took then about another 1/2 hour to 45 to recieve our food - my daughter said that the food was up (she could see it ) for 20 minutes or more before it was brought to our table. My salad was ice cold literally - not the same as the other times I have had it there. Her chicken was cold. Forever to get a check. Others (all caucasian) were waited and served promptly and courteously. I staff gabbed with customers before ever acknowleging us. Golf has been notoriously racist in the past and it appears that this place is a holdover. I told my husband I will not be going back there. Either the restaurant has gone totally downhill (seems not for others) or it is racist. The non-caucasion bus boys kept giving us concerned looks and asking if we were ok. I don't think that it is related to having a child there - I have seen many in the past and they have a children's menu and crayons.

6 Thank SolvangBeenthere2