“If you don't mind waiting.... food is good”

River Grill At The Alisal
Ranked #33 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: The River Grill is located at The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort.
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Well if the service was better I'd give it an excellent - because I've always had good food, I really like their salads, in the running for one of the best valley burgers actually. I've been there many times where they have taken forever, but if you are not in a hurry and that doesn't bother you.... nice to sit outside

2  Thank winniway
There are newer reviews for River Grill At The Alisal

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I have been to this restaurant many times with caucasion friends and family. Service can be slow, food is consistently good, generally a positive experience.

Today I went there with my asian daughter who is very well behaved for a girls lunch. It took so long to even have someone come to our table I was shocked. Longer for a drink order (usual time to eat and leave). Ready to leave when they finally took our simple order, salad and fruit and chicken strips from the children's menu. It took then about another 1/2 hour to 45 to recieve our food - my daughter said that the food was up (she could see it ) for 20 minutes or more before it was brought to our table. My salad was ice cold literally - not the same as the other times I have had it there. Her chicken was cold. Forever to get a check. Others (all caucasian) were waited and served promptly and courteously. I staff gabbed with customers before ever acknowleging us. Golf has been notoriously racist in the past and it appears that this place is a holdover. I told my husband I will not be going back there. Either the restaurant has gone totally downhill (seems not for others) or it is racist. The non-caucasion bus boys kept giving us concerned looks and asking if we were ok. I don't think that it is related to having a child there - I have seen many in the past and they have a children's menu and crayons.

6  Thank SolvangBeenthere2
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I enjoy going to the River Grill. I very much enjoy the beautiful views and the comfortable atmosphere inside. The menu is not the most exciting, but I do enjoy their soups and salads, steak tacos. I like going there for breakfasts and the great coffee. Sit by the fireplace on a cool day and you will be very cozy.

I do wish that they had room to move the bar farther away from the dining area. Sometimes the bar customers are loud and I don't like having the TVs blaring as I eat. One evening we were eating dinner outside on the patio with our friends. There was a group of rowdy, tipsy people smoking, drinking and cursing outside close by. That soured our dining experience. I didn't say anything to management since I figured if I could hear them so could the staff. They eventually left to our relief. The staff didn't seem to care or notice.

1  Thank BadGoat
Reviewed July 9, 2009

View of the golfcourse, consistent food---not amazing but good. Service is okay, overall always a nice meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2008

we had a terrible experience at this place.the manager lady was really rude to us when we ask our server to turn down the sound of the TV'S.this person should not be in the restaurant business.she doesn't know what is she doing.
the food is mediocre not to say terrible.no creativity what so ever.
not recommended at all