“If You Like Animals...”

Solvang Trolley & Carriage
Ranked #3 of 4 Transportation in Solvang
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Solvang with the timeless elegance and fun that a horse-drawn conveyance offers! You can take a 25-min guided tour on the historical Solvang Trolley, which has been taking visitors and locals alike for rides since 1964. The Trolley is a replica of a 1900's Danish Street Car, pulled by Belgian Draft Horses. The tour is guided by multi-lingual, costumed Tour Guides that are consantly educated on local special events and history of the town.We also offer private carriage rides! Our carriages are available for wine-tasting or private tours. A 24 hour-notice is required on most days, but keep in mind that summer and holiday months book quickly, and many groups book their tours with months in advance. Our wine-tasting tours include a visit to two wine-tasting rooms within Solvang, and we offer complimentary drinks or dessert from our Ice Cream Parlor!Our Carriages are available for special events at your location. Please call for details!
United States
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“If You Like Animals...”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

...this is probably not for you.

The horses are majestic and that's why we couldn't resist a ride. We couldn't stay on for the duration of the ride, though, and just hopped off mid way.

There were around 20 people inside the 'carriage', and our hearts went out to the horses that we knew were hauling around a bus load of people all afternoon. (We knew this from being in and walking in and around the area from about noon until 5 PM.)

Next time, maybe we'll try a little three/four-seat carriage to feel less guilty.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank inavigator

Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to know the town”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Being from Mexico and having little time to know the town this tour was an amazing experience, the tour guide and everyone are very friendly, it made me want to go back some other day.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank CarlosEnciso
“Fun in my own back yard!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I Live in Solvang! When my granddaughters came to visit they were very excited about seeing the Solvang Trolly. They begged me to take them for a ride. The seats were very comfortable and our guide was very informative. I saw a few things that I had never seen before and I learned a whole lot about the town of Solvang. And the girls loved riding on the trolley and seeing the horses. I will definitely do this again when I have visitors from out of town.