“Very Charming Hotel”

Royal Copenhagen Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Solvang B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2006

This was my 5th visit to Solvang. I have stayed various places in town but this was by far the nicest place I've stayed there. When I called to get a price on a room, the lady that answered was so nice and pleasant to talk to. She was very helpful. When we got there that night the same lady was at the desk. She was so happy and you could tell she loved her job. She quickly got us checked in and off to our room. We had a 2 story suite. The room was very nice. The hotel is a little old and does show a little wear but the room was clean and very nicely decorated. The pool looked very nice. It was later when we got there so we didn't get to enjoy it. Breakfast was included with our stay. It was across the street at one of the bakeries in town. The pasteries were wonderful. The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was that they didn't have a guest laundry but it was no big deal. The lady at the front desk told us about a laundrymat a few blocks away. I am looking forward to staying at the Royal Copenhagen the next time I travel to Solvang.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank DisneyFan1976

Reviewed August 3, 2006

When we arrived in Solvang, most affordable hotels were full. Our last stop was at the Royal Copenhagen Inn. I inquired as to the availability of rooms and their prices. Due to the attractive appearance, I expected higher prices but was told there were rooms for $80.00 and $90.00.

Although the motel clerk was very freindly, she made several errors during our attempts to book a room.. To make up for the mistakes though, she provided us with the suite and told us it was the largest room at the motel. We ended up with a fantastic deal!

Not only was it a great deal, it was an amazing "room"! The largest room turned out to be an apartment with all the amenities. To include a fire place! The bedroom was so beautiful that I almost did not want to mess up the bed! Which I must say, was extremely comfortable.

The only negative thing I can say is that I believe the apartment must have once been where the hotel owner resided. At 7am, the phone starting ringing off the hook with other guests calling the front desk asking the typical motel guest questions!

The motel provided us with a coupon to the Danish bakery where we were provided with a beverage and a tasty pastry.

I recommend this motel. It was clean and affordable.

2  Thank Yuman
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Got this room off the local radio station for half price. That is about what it was worth. Nothing glaringly wrong, but just an average place to stay. Grounds are nicely maintaianed and the room was clean. Front desk clerk didn't know a lot about anything. Every questions was answered with an "I don't know." Asked abour restaurants, he sent us in the wrong direction. Nice town, enjoyed our two days there, but will probably not return.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Watermaster
Reviewed March 3, 2006

Room was very comfortable and easy to access from street level. Located in the center of Solvang. Staff was very friendly. New upgrades all around! Room made you feel as if it was a room in your own home and not a motel/hotel. Stayed mid-week during the off season. Quiet. Continental Breakfast coupon given for bakery across the street where you can take your pick of fine fresh baked pastries and jucies or any non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. Right on the money for the off season mid-week price of $70-$80.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank Justin L
Reviewed November 29, 2005

Stayed 2 nights. Cons: Our room was clean enough but pretty dingy and worn; we were close to the front so there was a lot of street noise, too; maid service skipped us the first full day so I had to go to the front desk for clean towels. Pros: The location was very central and close to restaurants, shops, etc.; the desk staff were nice; bathroom was in good shape. Overall, I'd say if you just need a place to crash for a night or two in the area, it's acceptable but if you're looking for a romantic getaway, a long stay, or a place to hang out and relax, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank MookieCat
A TripAdvisor Member
fullerton, ca
Reviewed October 22, 2005

I was so dissapointed when I saw our room, the pictures on the internet were so great but it was not what I thought it would be. I got one of the old and not so ok rooms, to make my story short, I did not get my money's worth. It was the most expensive stay ever in my travel history and the most disappointing experience. If it weren't for the beautiful town, I never would have enjoyed my trip. So I say the hotel is overrated.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Solvang gets very busy on 3-day weekends. I called different hotels last minute to see if any had a vacancy. To my surprise the Royal Copenhagen had a non-smoking King room available due to a cancellation. The picture on their webpage is very nice so I was excited. We checked in the room smelled like a ash-tray. It was like one of those smoking rooms at Ft. Worth Airport.... it was so bad my throat immediately hurt and my clothing stank. I went back to the front desk and was told they gave me room away to somebody else since they arrived earlier. Besides the horrible stench, the room was dark and grimey. Absolutely disgusting place. We booked 2 nights, but left after 1. After complaining they did agree to charge me 1/2 price for the trouble. Also that nice picture on the web.... it's like the only 1 picture perfect angle they could take without showing the true ugliness. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: May 2005