“Superlative”

Royal Copenhagen Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Solvang B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2009

in this charming Old World setting is nestled this quaint cottage like complex, with friendly staff, clean accomodations and near everything. Did I mention free parking just outside your door. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2009

Nothing fancy. Clean. AAA discount. Walking distance to shops and diners.
***Only disappointment was that there was no internet connectivity at all, even though we were given a password and told that it is free internet and 'it's supposed to work.' It did not work at all.
I have read the reviews when I arrived home and see that other TripAdvisor reviewers had the same disappointing experience with the 'free internet', which was NO INTERNET SERVICE AT ALL.
So, that tells me that the staff absolutely know of this ongoing problem and nothing is done.
That is itself is disappointing.
Otherwise, not a bad place to stay for the price.
Friendly staff.
I would only recommend this place if you do not care to have internet connectivity.
It is an average, 'okay' place to stay within a great location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2009

The towels were thin, soaps pedestrian, the shower head wouldn't go above my stomache (I'm 5-11) carpet was clean but worn. The room was clean and staff friendly, but come on, motel 6 towels at this price? I don't mind it being older, but if I am running a very expensive older hotel, why not have first rate amenities? There was no hair dryer, no ironing board, a very old and Small TV, the pool had coat of dirt. I am amazed at the positive comments. At these prices, customers have a right to expect quality.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tarzanjr
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I've been to Solvang many times over the past 10 years and I love the ambience of the town. Our stay this last time was the best. We stayed at the Royal Copenhagen because we were travling with our pet. I could not have asked for anything better. We had a quiet, comfortable, clean room. It was close too everything, shops, restaurants, etc. And our pooch had her own space in a private garden to romp around in off the leash and she loved it also!! It was well worth the price. There wasn't anything not to like. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highwaybug
Reviewed March 19, 2009

This is the second time that we have stayed here. Once two years ago with our youngest daughter and her family and this past Feb. with our oldest daughter and her husband. Sad to say it is the last time. My daughter lives in Houston and as she was getting on the plane at LAX she realized that she had left her blackberry in the room. I called and was informed (not nicely) that she had also left her Ipod. When I asked if they could sent it to her C.O.D. I was told "NO, we never get our money when we do that. " So she called Fedex and they said they could pick it up but that it had to be boxed. The staff at the hotel said they couldn't or wouldn't do that. Fortunately her husband had a business assoc. who had a father that lived nearby and he picked it up and sent it to her.
We paid almost $500 for two nights in a room that was only O.K. and had to sleep on a very uncomfortable hidabed (the Loft) and they couldn't arrange to have this stuff shipped for us???? PLUS we had to change rooms because the heat didn't work. We will NOT be staying there EVER AGAIN. Location isn't everything. .

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank redskyy
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Older property, but well maintained, with somewhat larger rooms than newer hotels. Not fancy, but very clean, everything worked, fair price, and good location for exploring Solvang on foot - close enough to central Solvang to walk easily. My wife & I enjoyed our weekend stay. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 15, 2008

We always pick this hotel to stay (about 4 times a yr.) largely due to the fact that we bring our pets along and there are very few hotels in Solvang that accept pets. For the price, the hotel is very nice.
The rooms are large, the bathrooms are nice size. The hotel is walking distance to our favorite breakfast restaurant, Paula's and also our favorite bakery, Olsen's. As well as being very convenient to the Chumash casino (an 8 min. drive). I like the fact that they have small refrigerators and coffee pots in the rooms.
I love the fact that they have a hidden garden area for the pets, I can let them off their leashes and they have plenty of room to roam around.
An excellent deal for the money, if you're looking for a five star hotel, look somewhere else, but again for the price, this hotel is great.

Stayed: July 2008