“A 2 star hotel at a five star price”

Royal Copenhagen Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Solvang B&B and Inns
Selma
“A 2 star hotel at a five star price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

The towels were thin, soaps pedestrian, the shower head wouldn't go above my stomache (I'm 5-11) carpet was clean but worn. The room was clean and staff friendly, but come on, motel 6 towels at this price? I don't mind it being older, but if I am running a very expensive older hotel, why not have first rate amenities? There was no hair dryer, no ironing board, a very old and Small TV, the pool had coat of dirt. I am amazed at the positive comments. At these prices, customers have a right to expect quality.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tarzanjr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Hemet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

I've been to Solvang many times over the past 10 years and I love the ambience of the town. Our stay this last time was the best. We stayed at the Royal Copenhagen because we were travling with our pet. I could not have asked for anything better. We had a quiet, comfortable, clean room. It was close too everything, shops, restaurants, etc. And our pooch had her own space in a private garden to romp around in off the leash and she loved it also!! It was well worth the price. There wasn't anything not to like. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank highwaybug
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

This is the second time that we have stayed here. Once two years ago with our youngest daughter and her family and this past Feb. with our oldest daughter and her husband. Sad to say it is the last time. My daughter lives in Houston and as she was getting on the plane at LAX she realized that she had left her blackberry in the room. I called and was informed (not nicely) that she had also left her Ipod. When I asked if they could sent it to her C.O.D. I was told "NO, we never get our money when we do that. " So she called Fedex and they said they could pick it up but that it had to be boxed. The staff at the hotel said they couldn't or wouldn't do that. Fortunately her husband had a business assoc. who had a father that lived nearby and he picked it up and sent it to her.
We paid almost $500 for two nights in a room that was only O.K. and had to sleep on a very uncomfortable hidabed (the Loft) and they couldn't arrange to have this stuff shipped for us???? PLUS we had to change rooms because the heat didn't work. We will NOT be staying there EVER AGAIN. Location isn't everything. .

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank redskyy
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

Older property, but well maintained, with somewhat larger rooms than newer hotels. Not fancy, but very clean, everything worked, fair price, and good location for exploring Solvang on foot - close enough to central Solvang to walk easily. My wife & I enjoyed our weekend stay. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Calif.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

We always pick this hotel to stay (about 4 times a yr.) largely due to the fact that we bring our pets along and there are very few hotels in Solvang that accept pets. For the price, the hotel is very nice.
The rooms are large, the bathrooms are nice size. The hotel is walking distance to our favorite breakfast restaurant, Paula's and also our favorite bakery, Olsen's. As well as being very convenient to the Chumash casino (an 8 min. drive). I like the fact that they have small refrigerators and coffee pots in the rooms.
I love the fact that they have a hidden garden area for the pets, I can let them off their leashes and they have plenty of room to roam around.
An excellent deal for the money, if you're looking for a five star hotel, look somewhere else, but again for the price, this hotel is great.

Stayed July 2008
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

If I had followed some of the reviews I have seen, I would never leave my house. The Royal Copenhagen Inn is just was it is suppose to be. A family style motel. It's NOT a bed and breakfast. The staff is very friendly, the room may be a bit plain,but they are vastly larger than most hotel rooms and all the amenities are there. The walls aren't covered with velvet wallpaper or any such nonsense. It's a clean, quaint and cozy place to shower and get some sleep during a weekend of marathon window shopping. If you want to be pampered and waited on hand and foot then you should try one of the other hotels that charge 2 to 3 times as much. But if you are there to see the township of Solvang, this place is perfect and right in the middle of it all. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be back to Solvang AND the Royal Copenhagen Inn.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Randyman712
Solvang, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

Nice, simple hotel in the best location of town. Not a super fancy room service hotel just basic and simple. Yes it is a bit dated but our beds had new mattresses and room had a new airconditioner. Was roomy enough for the family to move around. We stayed on the top floor and had two queen beds with a roll away. The pool was very nice and it was heated. I would say the only downfall is that the office closes at 10 - just in case you need them!

• Liked — Great location and pleasant place to stay!
  • Disliked — Office closes at 10 pm.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank apedoll