“Great pastries”

Birkholm's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Solvang
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: OUR STORY Birkholm's Bakery was founded by Carl "Cookie" Sr. and Charlotte Birkholm in 1950. Birkholm's has been family owned, passed from generation to generation for over 65 years. In 1980, Carl Jr. and Elizabeth Birkholm stepped in to carry on the tradition of baking in Solvang. Carl continues to use the original Danish recipes that "Cookie" brought over from Denmark. In 2011, our son Carl "Thomas" approached us wanting to learn and continue the business like his Grandfather "FarFar" and Father had done before him. Thomas is the 3rd generation of bakers in Solvang and with the Family, he is looking forward to a new beginning. Velkommen Til Solvang
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for some good breakfast pastries and sweets this is the place to go lots of good stuff to try

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 15, 2018

It was 6;30 am and I was really wanting a cup of coffee . I came upon Birkholm's Bakery. They don't open until 7 am...but the owner Thomas was kind enough to let me in and give me coffee and a Cinnamon roll. The coffee he made fresh for me because I drink de-café. I was so touched by this kindness. I read the History of the Bakery and it opened in 1950. It is 3 rd generation with Thomas now in charge. The Pastry was outstanding and anytime someone goes over the top to be nice ...I am impressed. Please try this place and tell Thomas you read about him on Trip Advisor. Thank You Thomas!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

This place serves a very nice hot cup of coffee and has some nice bite to eat. There is free wi fi and the staff are lovely

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I usually go to Mortensen bakery or to Pea soup Anderson’s bakery. This time I was pulling out of town and the only Bakery open was Birkholm’s. My two favorite cookies the cinnamon crisp and Napoleons hat were so much better then the other bakeries. It might have been a dollar more but the quality and taste were worth it. Give Bikholms a try you won’t regret it!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I must admit, I am bias. I have been coming to this bakery as long as I can remember. I have never ever had a moment of regret. It's not hard to go home with two dozen of tasty delights. Always a treat!

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Birkholm's Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!