“Great Host” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Self-Guided Solvang Windmill Wine Walk
Ranked #13 of 53 things to do in Solvang
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sevtap Winery, our motto is to "Drink Good Wine", so we work hard to create incredibly intriguing and delicious wines for your enjoyment! As soon as you walk through the tasting room doors, our goal is to make sure you have a good time. Enjoy a wine tasting with owner and winemaker, Art Sevtap, release your inner artist by drawing on the chalk walls, or express your inner musician with an impromptu jam session with the guitars available to all guests. We don't distribute our wines, so if you want to purchase they are only available to purchase in our tasting room and on our website!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
San Diego, California
“Great Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Me and my friends were at Solvang for a girls weekend early in March and we were refereed to visit the Sevtap for our wine tasting as our Hotel told us that the owner was a great host. The Sevtap it is not what you expect from a traditional wine room. The ambience is youth and the wine room is filled with chalk grafit, it has a small stage. My friends and I had a blast with our host, he could handle very well 7 women requests and bargaining, he played along with our group, we felt very welcomed.
The wine was very good as well, some of us got some bottle to take back home. I totally recomendad.

Visited March 2014

Redlands, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of a Kind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

It's definitely not your average wine tasting experience, but it is one of a kind. When my wife and
I entered we sat in the last empty stools at the "bar". We are not wine experts with "noses" and "palates" but simplify the process to "like", "don't like". So doing a tasting in a more social environment was unique. We left as Sevtap was closing, giving Arturo a hug. We also bought a bottle of wine ....one of a kind.

Visited December 2013
Garden Grove, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not Inviting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The chalk graffiti all over the walls were cool, but that was pretty much all this place had to offer. I am fairly new to wine (which is the reason I went wine tasting - to develop my palate). The owner gave me such a hard time because I did not absolutely love his wine. He kept telling me, "someday you will be able to enjoy great wine such as this." What is that supposed to mean? Wine is supposed to be by an individual's preference and the atmosphere of his wine bar was definitely not classy enough for him to be such a snoot. Take your money elsewhere, this guy is just plain rude.

Visited September 2013
Oceano, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“3 whites-3 reds. All great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

All 6 wines we tasted were great. Only one we didn't care for that much. Ended up buying 3 bottles of wine. Usually maybe only buy 1. The owner/winemaker Ertugrul serves your wine tasting and engages you in conversation. Great time, great wine.

Visited August 2013
Canyon Country, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pass on by!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was so disappointed with this place. Although it is funky, with chalk graffiti all over the walls, it is dark and not inviting at all. We found the sommelier to just be going through the motions of explaining to us about the wines. When we said that the first one was drier than we liked, he because very condescending and said, "Well, that is what it is SUPPOSED to taste like!". We tried all the wines and didn't like any of them - they were all very dry and a couple were quite bitter. I'd recommend saving your $10 and skipping right over this one.

Visited June 2013