“Super Place”
Review of Succulent Cafe

Succulent Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Succulent Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Place
Description: Succulent Cafe is in the heart of downtown Solvang, Ca. Our Daily Menu serves breakfast & lunch items and our dinner menu serves up comfort cuisine with a twist! We're open everyday but Tuesday. Lots of bacon, housemade soups & dressings, desserts, and wonderful local wine & craft beer. Many ingredients are seasonal and locally-sourced when possible. From eggs benedict to sandwiches to our signature 3 Little Pigs, come see what we're all about!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our first time here and we'll return for sure. We came for dinner, and we started with a wonderful appetizer of crostini, a wonderful cheese whose name I cannot recall but made me think of a "blue" version of goat cheese, with a plum and mint relish. Mmmm. I had the flat iron steak with Parmesan mash and grilled Brussels sprouts with a hint of balsamic. My wife had the salmon which came with a delicious risotto (I know, I had bite!). We'd had plenty to eat but could not resist the amazing dessert which was a sort of blackberry ice with chocolate and whipped cream. Decadent, yes, but delicious. Very nice selection of wines, especially given the small size of the restaurant, with many at reasonable prices. The restaurant is about to expand into adjacent space and I only hope they can maintain this wonderful quality as they grow.

There are newer reviews for Succulent Cafe

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Cynthia, Brian and Robert have brought their Santa Barbara cuisine to a new level with their Succulent Cafe. The cuisine is delicious and the menu very creative. Local wines are featured.
Can't wait for the expansion to open June 2013.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here. It was my first time and he had raved about it so much after his first time that we knew we needed to have a date here. It was a beautiful day and we sat out on the patio. We started with a bruschetta dip (it's usually just a dinner thing, but they ran out of the feta/artichoke dip which we originally ordered.) He had the pulled pork and I had the buttermilk chicken salad. Both really yummy with excellent service. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

While some of my breakfast was VERY good (the house-cured bacon especially), the biscuits just didn't do it for me. One reviewer called them "dense" in his review. I'd go with very heavy -- not the sort of description I'd want describing a core part of my breakfast menu.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great breakfast. The biscuits and gravy w/ poached egg was very good and filing. The biscuits were fluffy and the gravy was plentiful. My wife had chicken and gravy biscuits. All very good and reasonably priced. Their bacon is homemade and delicious.