“Yummy Beyond Belief And Great Service”
Review of The Solvang Bakery

The Solvang Bakery
Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Solvang
Cuisines: Danish
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Yummy Beyond Belief And Great Service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I wanted to send a gift of Solvang butter cookies to a friend back east when another friend and I visited Solvang this past weekend, so we went bakery hopping in search of the best butter cookie and decided The Solvang Bakery had the best. (Hey, it was a tough job, but someone had to do it!)

After placing the cookie order, we each got goodies for ourselves. I had the chocolate eclair. It was to die for! Huge and filled with a creamy smooth custard and topped with a fine chocolate frosting, it was more than enough to share. My friend picked out a chocolate rum thing, which was chocolate ganache with rum on a long cookie and topped with a hard chocolate shell. The deserts were the perfect ending to our day. I also brought home a couple of Danish waffles - long puff pastry filled with raspberry jam and buttercream. These are a favorite of mine and found all over Solvang. The ones from the Solvang Bakery were amongst the best I've ever eaten.

We also found the selection at the Solvang Bakery the best in town. It was almost impossible to pick just a couple of things and walk away. You want everything you see!

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
“delicious bakery and decent prices”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

so many bakeries to choose from, but went with this one. Very nice inside, yummy free samples and of course I bought the big apple streusel. It was fresh out of the oven since they just opened up. It was soft and amazing for $13 can't beat it.

• Visited May 2013
Houston
“Danish and Rainbow Cake Too”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Though not listed as a favorite among locals and not with near the selection of Danish pastry, the staff was bright, they had a nice clean restroom, softdrinks, they sell bright girls gifts and they also serve cakes. Their rainbow cake is awesome! Linda Carlson was the most helpful of any of the bakeries I visited. She told me about visiting the miniature horse farm, miniature donkey farm and rescue center, where I went and pet a pig, goats, baby miniature donkeys and I saw a zonkey. Linda was great. They have Wi-Fi and outdoor seating. www.solvangbakery.com

Visited May 2013
Melissa R, Owner at The Solvang Bakery, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at The Solvang Bakery. We are absolutely delighted that Linda Carlson was able to be so helpful to you. We wanted to point out that we have been honored as 'Best Bakery' for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 by our local paper The Valley Journal. We're particularly proud of these awards because they are voted on by locals here in the Santa Ynez Valley. Thanks again, and happy future travels to you!
Vista, California
“Great pastries”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The macaroons are perfect!!! The rest of the goods are great too but i love macaroons and thier's is just on top of class.

• Visited April 2013
Morgan, Utah
“Delicious to die for pastries!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you try anything made with apple, you will not be disappointed!!! And, I purchased enough to have for dessert that night and carry back with me on the airplane; I was the envy of all of the passengers!!

Visited April 2013

Been to The Solvang Bakery? Share your experiences!