“Open later than most for dinner....”

Solvang Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived in town late in the evening and were referred here by our hotel. A varied menu with various entres, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads. My husband tried the New England clam chowder which is made with a touch of ale. Had a bit of a kick and was very good. Downside would be the noise level but then it is a "brewing" company!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although this is not where you would expect to find a true Danish lunch, the open face sandwich I was served was excellent! The bread, cheese, meat and veges were all delicioius and fresh.
Topping that off, there are a number of custom beers offered here to enjoy. We saw another couple leave with a large container of beer after sampling several.
The two servers were doing a great job, the management needs to have more help on hand.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Visited this restaurant while spending some time in Central Coast California wine country. During this time of year Solvang does not offer much during the week days,so our options were few.
The food was ample and tasty,my wife had the beef stroganoff and I had a roasted beet salad. I can say the food was head and shoulders above the service which was slow,and careless. I had to find my own salt and pepper,and no extra cracked pepper was ever offered.
I can say the offer a large selection of craft beers,which seems to live up to their name Solvang Brewing Co
Prices were on the higher side as to be expected in a tourist town,and the noise level was extreme.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great location in downtown Solvang. Good service and nice outdoor seating. Good beer, also able to get a nice wine by the glass and the appetizers were excellent

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I had a fun time trying all of the beers here. The price for a sample is pretty good for 5 oz - $1.75. I don't usually like dark beers, but I fell in love with the Odin beer. My husband preferred the Valhalla. Both were fantastic.

We got the nachos one night - I know half the food in Solvang is pickled and you might thing pickled veggies sound weird, but order them on the side if you're a little nervous - they actually blend in really well! The flavor was similar to guacamole, and the portion was good.

On another night, we tried one of the burgers (can't remember which one, but it was all right), the onion soup (pretty good), and the sausage platter (Fantastic!) The latter was a real winner. Some of the sausages in solvang all start tasting the same, but this had a great variety.

The waiting staff was excellent, as well. Very friendly and fun. This was a good lounging spot for the evening time.