“Burgers, beer, and ambiance!”

Solvang Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a high school wrestling tournament. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The restaurant was a 3 minute walk from the hotel. The trees that lined the streets were strung with lights. Even though it was a cold night, the walk there was beautiful. The service was excellent. I don't have a big appetite and the server quickly and graciously agreed to allow me to order a burger from the kid's menu. "No problem," he said. This was greatly appreciated. It was nice to sit down in a comfy place surrounded with good people to enjoy a hamburger. My husband ordered two wheat beers and really enjoyed them. My son was given a pencil box full of crayons and a kid menu but we preferred playing hangman on the paper placemats. The hamburger was so delicious. I can't say enough good things about this place. I'm glad we went!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The last time I went there was for a quick meal, and it wasn't bad until I tried to pay and get out. I had to go hunt down someone and complain to get the check. The time before I went with my girlfriend, and we had a bottle of wine. They had to find a woman with a corkscrew, and she screwed the corkscrew through the capsule into the cork to remove it. They just don't have their act together.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

While visiting Solvang, we had occasion to have dinner twice at the Solvang Brewing Company. Both times, the food was very good, especially the fish and chips ($17). The plate consisted of three good size beer battered fish filets and fries. Served piping hot, as it should be. In fact, it was so good the first time, my wife ordered it on our return visit.
My Danish meatballs (5 large ones) with mashed potatoes and red cabbage ($17) were also quite good. All portions are huge.
The extensive beer menu is, naturally, filled with a large assortment of very good beers at $5 per pint.
Tonight's visit hit a small problem, however. Our entrees were long in coming. We sat for a half hour waiting and waiting. The server, Andrew, did make a couple of stops at the table and apologized explaining that the other dining room was packed, which it was. To show his concern, he comped us two beers. I hope his boss realizes that this was the right thing to do.
Overall, when we come back to Solvang, we will certainly eat here again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Enjoyed their live band, eating large, tasty ahi tuna burgers, yummy not- too-greasy sweet potato fries and delicious fresh pint of beer. Prompt, friendly service. Fun place with quaint atmosphere. Good for family outing, dancing? Liked it a lot. $13.95 for the ahi burger which includes your choice of fries or salad. Worth it, we ate every bite.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a nice little restaurant. Danish meatballs were amazing and so was the hummus!! Loved that everything in Solvang is within walking distance. Unfortunately I don't drink beer, but my friends enjoyed theirs and loved it! There were people playing instruments and singning next door, which was really interesting and fun to watch. The restaurant section of the building was rather empty, but overall it is a nice place.