“Great food. Ok service.”

Solvang Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Danish
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. Ok service.”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Worth it for food alone. Service did not seemed interested in us very much. Great taste and Hugh quantity. Menu was limmited. Don't drink but would still go for food.

Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous beer, food, and service!! DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE if you're visiting Solvang!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Solvang is a great little town to visit, BUT, everything in town in pretty much closed up by 6PM. This place is open until at least 12AM and I'll tell you - this was the best part of our trip. We ended up going here because we wanted a beer and a bite to eat after a pretty bad experience with a restaurant earlier in the day. Solvang Brewing Company did not disappoint - their handcrafted beer was fabulous - I had their raspberry beer (AMAZING!) and my boyfriend had a taste of all their beers finally choosing to take home a "Growler" of their Valhalla IPA. Not only was their beer fantastic, but their food, hands down, was the best meal that we had during our entire visit. I had the half roasted chicken (marinated in their beer) with roasted potatoes and veggies, and he had their Baja Burger that had jalapenos and guacamole. For dessert we both had their melt-in-your-mouth-brownie - that was made with their beer!!! SO GOOD. As good as any restaurant is though, it's the management that truly makes it and Cari and Steve, the owners - were some of the nicest people we've ever met. They bar-tendered and chatted with all their clientele, were extremely pleasant and by the time we left - not only with the "Growler" of beer but also with a few glasses as gifts and a t-shirt for myself - that we had just had a wonderful experience that surpassed anywhere else that we had visited during our mini-vacation in Solvang!

Philadelphia
“The No Brew brew pub”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I asked the bartender what was on tap and he pointed to the daily special sign, as if I were simple and just needed to be shown. I ordered a daily special.

Only they didn't actually have any of the particular special I ordered on tap the evening we visited. oops. So I said to the bartender..."that is why I asked what you have on tap".

Even though it was the night after Labor Day, the place, like the rest of Solvang, was totally dead by 9:00 PM.

By far the most boring bar I have ever visited. Sorry I can't say anything nice about SBC. Wait! The bar tender was apologetic about the no-brew. And later on he warmed up a bit.

That's something.

One out of five for Solvang Brewing Company

Visited September 2011
Orange County CA
“"Average" says it all”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This restaurant was very average. Food was fine, but not great. Large portions - we could have shared one dinner, but since we were on vacation, we couldn't take home leftovers, so it was a waste. Server was friendly.

Long Beach, California
“Great owner!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Try the Rasberrry brew, u will like it, even if you don't like beer :)