“Really good place to eat in Solvang that won't break the bank”
Review of Fresco Valley Cafe

Fresco Valley Cafe
Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast & Lunch 7 days a week in a casual atmosphere, Fresco Valley Cafe places an emphasis on organic & natural ingredients with many light, healthy options to get you through the day. Proudly offering regional, local wine with a variety of microbrews our outdoor patio is a great way to enjoy the beautfiul California sunshine.Our patio is pet friendly, we even have a dog menu!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Solvang is primarily a tourist town. As such, there aren't that many restaurants in Solvang outside the 20-30 dollar per plate price range. If you're traveling with kids, that's a problem. Fresco Valley Cafe has very solid food that is in the 9-15 dollar price range. The kids menu items are around 6-7 dollars. There's nothing fancy here. It's pretty much burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads (the pizza sounded interesting), but the quality is very high. There were seven of us in our party (3 adults, 4 kids) and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the gorgonzola salad with a cup of tortilla soup. Both were excellent. My son had the soup and half of a French Dip sandwich. Also excellent. The seven of us got out there for $120.00 including drinks, tax, tip, and a couple of desserts. I highly recommend this place because the food and service is very high quality, and it's one of the few reasonably-priced restaurants in Solvang.

There are newer reviews for Fresco Valley Cafe

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Two months ago my family and I went on vacation traveling up the California coast. As I child, my parents had taken me to Solvang but I hadn’t been there for decades. We decided to take an afternoon and drive up there. We enjoyed walking around for a couple of hours, but when dinner time came, I had not done any planning or investigating about restaurants prior to our visit. Most of the things we saw walking around didn’t look very good. We had pretty much given up and decided to just leave town and find something on the way. We happened to walk by Fresco Valley Cafe on our way to our car. I looked at the menu and it looked good.

We were very pleased with our dinner! Most of us had entree salads that were fresh and well garnished. The breads they brought with our salads tasted fresh and homemade. Service was good too. Given the small town it’s in and the limited dining choices, we were pleased and would recommend it. Was not expensive either.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. There was a wide range of healthy choices ranging from complete dinners to lighter fare. The staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the peacefulness of their patio.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lots of atmosphere at this restaurant and good food and reasonably priced. The service was very good and we really enjoyed our dinner there. The tables were made from wine corks and that was neat to see.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We didn't want danish food... so we chose to come here, which wasn't far from where we parked, and what a great choice we made. Our server, Lenora, was fabulous, very attentive, and made sure we always had what we needed. The special two-taco plate (blackened salmon, with hand-made corn tortillas) was plenty of food (came with fries and some coleslaw, and an awesome salsa), and we also had a delicious garden salad with a balsamic dressing. The passion-fruit tea was very good. We will be back here for sure.