“Scrumptious Danish pastries”

Olsen's Danish Village Bakery
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Solvang
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Authentic Danish pastries and breads. Family owned by a Danish family from Denmark that moved to Solvang in 1970 bringing with them the families bakery recipes. These recipes were created by the current owner's Great, Great, Great Grand Father. Have a great day discovering our "Danish Village."
Reviewed August 11, 2013

During a week's stay in Solvang, we sampled several of the local bakeries. Olsen's was the only one we that got a second visit from us. The cheese Danish, cherry Danish, bear claw and almond macaroon surprise were big favorites. We had a discount coupon from our timeshare, that knocked a nice percentage off the cost, but even without it, their prices seemed to be the best in town.
We bought a box of pastries for breakfast the morning we left for home -- and enjoyed them on the road the next morning as well.

1  Thank OregonJohn97338

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The last day of our trip in Solvang we hit all the bakeries picked one danish and split it with my wife. Olsen's Bakery among others had very good danishes. I would eat there again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in Olsen's on the main street in town. Easy to find. Ordered a cheese Danish, mocha roll, éclair, cookies and a creampuff all to go. I felt they were a bit overpriced, but hey, its a tourist trap.
Didn't eat any til the next day, and the Danish was off the chart delish even a day old! The others were on the soggy side so not as enjoyable and the cookies were not all that. If you go, get the Danish, get a couple to go as well, I wish I'd spent the $$ on just Danishes. (sp?)

1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We got a free coffee and Danish from Inn everyday and it was awesome. Always packed with customers but got served immediately and free refill of coffee.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My favorite bakery that I tried while down there. Friendly staff and it wasn't too busy so I was able to enjoy a pastry and do some reading in and air conditioned building.
I just wish they would have warmed up my danish.