“Seriously the worst coffee”

Olsen's Danish Village Bakery
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Solvang
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Authentic Danish pastries and breads. Family owned by a Danish family from Denmark that moved to Solvang in 1970 bringing with them the families bakery recipes. These recipes were created by the current owner's Great, Great, Great Grand Father. Have a great day discovering our "Danish Village."
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Asked for an iced coffee and received hot coffee poured over ice. Tasted awful. Plus the place was a madhouse with a long line. The pastries looked tasty though.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We got into town just as they were closing the doors, but they let us in so we could take cookies and danishes back to our room. They were all very good.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This award winning bakery is everything it is reported to be and then some. The selection of items is almost overwhelming. Everything is fresh and very delicious, and reasonably priced. They serve a great selection of coffees along with the pastries, and it is served with a smile to your table. Their world famous butter cookies are available by the bucket, and are packed well for shipping as gifts. I only wish I had been able to sample more items over the two times we visited this bakery while we were in Solvang. I wanted to try everything! Don't miss this wonderful shop in this quaint little town!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Try the Napoleon and get a bucket of the Danish cookies!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We decided to try different things so that we could taste each others! I had some thing that was called a raspberry shortdough (looked like a big pop-tart and tasted a bit better). It was good and cost about $2.50. My partner had a Queen Elizabeth (I think that was what it was called) and it had a chocolately topping and an almond flavored cakey-cookie center. It looked like a little pie. It was $2.50 also and both were worth trying!

Will I go back? Yep-there are more yummy things to try!