“A Bit More Elegant”
Review of Root 246

Root 246
Reserve with OpenTable
Root 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went here because it was open and the menu looked interesting. We shared an appetizer, salad, and a main course. It was the right amount of food and everything was excellent. The wines by the glass were great. and our server Janson gave us perfect recommendations. The place is modern and elegant inside with a very nice outside patio. We liked it enough that we went back a second time.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Have dined here in the past and It is always a pleasure. This time we watched the world cup final. Great service, great Martinis(bloody may looked good too) and fun but classy atmosphere! Patios are absolutely beautiful!

1  Thank CaliChris10
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Food was great. Ordered the Brussels sprouts....super tasty. My mom ordered the pork collar, she loved it, delicious. I ordered the one vegetarian dish, the quinoa, is was also delicious. The strawberry shortcake dessert was also delish!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Located in beautiful scenic dreamy little Dutch town of Solvang, 246 is modern, sleek, elegant and genius in decor & ambiance. My family came to celebrate our 4th of July here and skipped the fireworks fir dinner. We were seated in a nice comfortable chair / sofa with the table at a comfortable level. They have an amazing wine room & alcohol selection. I tried the trio Martini which I was bake to pick my 3 choices-they were all amazing. They also offer a a Brandy sampler as well. The waiter brings out the various selections and it's lined up neatly next to each type. We were a group of 5 so we ended up sharing their succulent Rib a Eye steak, Tri-tip, and 3 way lamb. These items were accompanied by delicious salads, whipped mash potato, spinach, and broccoli.

We also ended the night with tea and a Strawberry funnel cake w/ ice cream. I know it seems a bit indulgent but why not?

The service was impeccable & they all work very efficiently and helpful together. The price was really reasonable compared to what we got.

I highly recommend 246 to all my friends. I noticed that dogs were allowed outside the patio.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located near DT Solvang the ambiance is great, elegant and very comfortable.
Most food items are delicious and wonderfully executed without many gimmicks superfluous ingredients. Most items, especially vegetables are seasonal and their quality is good. Service is good too, prices are just right, wine list is good. Will def be back next time I m staying in Solvang