“Root 246, Solvang CA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Root 246

Root 246
Reserve with OpenTable
Root 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Ojai, California
“Root 246, Solvang CA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times in the last few years and we always have an excellent meal. The menu changes with the season and the chef always has an interesting array of selections.

• Visited October 2013

vandenberg village, ca
“Very good food and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Excellent location and facility. Priced on the high side but extremely good. Service was outstanding and staff was friendly. Will return again, hopefully soon.

Visited September 2013
Oceano, California
“Solvang must stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I put this on our list for every time we visit Solvang. Nice atmosphere. Convenient place to have a nice drink before catching the shuttle to the casino. Appetizers always good. My wife and I shared the Rib-eye in the lounge last time there. It was very good also.

• Visited August 2013
“Beyond Expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were immediately sat at a lovely and big booth. Our server greeted us and was genuine.
We ordered Free Range Chicken and the Hanger Steak. Our first bites were amazing! We couldn't stop talking about the food and it tasted like how the Food Network chefs describe food. The chicken had crispy skin with super juicy meat. The flavors paired so well. Even though I was full, I couldn't stop eating.
I saw reviews about their service but our server was delightful. I see a lot of bad reviews about service in Solvang but I never had a bad experience during our 3 day stay.
I would recommend you try this restaurant. This is my first review on Trip Advisor and I had to share how great Root 246 is.

• Visited August 2013
Los Gatos, California
“Stand out in an area of limited options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Root 246 stands out in touristy Solvang where kitsch crowds out quality in most establishments. The menu offered a good range of tasty dishes and the wine by the glass selection was good and fairly priced. I ordered short ribs that were fall-off-the-bone tasty and served on a creative pile of veggies. My brother's NY Steak was the only dull spot in the dinner. (A NY strip is hard to ruin an this one was definitely chewy. Kinda weird for the "special".)

We enjoyed the service, although the lag between dessert ordering and it showing up had us on the edge of cancelling. You know those moments when conversation wanes, the wine is gone, and your bum is telling you it's time to get up and move about.

• Visited July 2013