Holiday Inn Express Solvang
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
  • Breakfast included
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$143
$128
$105
$82
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$114
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Viking Motel(Solvang)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsunderground parkingcinnamon rollscovered parkingpancake machinebreakfast roomfacing the streetwithin walking distancefree breakfastaway from the roadloft roomhotel is locatedbagelsbeds were comfortablerestaurants and shopsclose to townnice breakfastflat screen tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 1030. I requested the room be ready for an early check inn. They said try at 1400. I returned at 1445 and it was not ready. Another guest went to check inn at 1450. The lady at the counter was very pleasant with him stating yes sir your room is ready. I waited to 1500 than the manager called me to the counter. I told him I had been there since 1030. He shrugged his shoulders and head. He asked for my government id card for government rate. I presented my military id card and he stated military is not government. I disagreed. All other hotels have taken my military id as government id. He gave me the government rate but I heard him talking to an employee about it. I asked for help with my luggage and he pointed at the baggage cart and told me you can use that one. The next morning I noted a bell boy helping a patron with his luggage. In addition, the room was dirty and the bathroom had mold in the shower. The carpet was dirty. The air cond. inlet had mold on it. A hair was hanging from the closet doors and the ceiling had stains from the roof leaking. I have pictures and will be posting them on the internet. I would send them to your customer service department but your website has no way to send him. I felt the service I received at this hotel was substandard and will not be going back. I have and will continue to notify my military sisters and brothers the way I was treated and the condition of the room. I did notify the manager I did not appreciate the fact I had been there since 1030 and that no attempt was made for an early check in.

Room Tip: dont stay at hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Susan B
Kamesh N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solvang, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Susan B.,

I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is on the west side of town, close to everything. The facilities are nice enough but a little dated. the A.C. didn't cool and the fan was loud. Super loud. Needed a lot of help. They talked about updating the a.c. so hope it happens soon. There is a very nice hot breakfast available. They have an instant waffle machine. Press a button and wait then it comes of a little conveyor belt. Everything tastes good, the staff is very friendly, and the cinnamon roles are really good. Price was not cheap at all. Solvang hotels have a bad habit of jacking up prices in the middle of summer. Way too much money. Won't be back unless they offer a better deal.

Room Tip: Wait for a deal otherwise, other hotels are a better choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Johntrak,

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Solvang. We are extremly pleased that you have enjoyed our breakfast. We apologize for the inconvenience the A/C has caused during your stay and we have already fixed the issue. We hope to welcome you back
to our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

After reading reviews we chose this hotel for just one night in Solvang. This is the worst hotel ever. So called suite placed in basement was just terrible. Had to move to another hotel across the street. The worst was the guy working in the lobby at check in. So rude, and was really enoid at us because his family just arrived to visit him from out of town he told us. So we had to understand that he wanted to talk to them... Really? He was at work! Very disapointed with Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012
Kamesh N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solvang, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Cami69,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about the hotel. I am sorry that your review is not a positive one. It is our goal at the hotel for our guest to experience a good customer service and a problem free stay.
Our management team has reviewed your comments and will take your feedback very seriously. Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Holiday Inn Solvang is in a good location it puts you in the heart of the village. The front desk staff was pleasant. The room itself was overpriced, but it was decent.
The issue was the air conditioner unit it was not functioning properly, it blew extreme cold air and could not be adjusted, when the unit was turned off it blew hot air thru the vents. After two uncomfortable nights sleeping in these conditions and maintenance not able to fix the the issue, we asked to speak to the General Manager upon check-out.
Now this is why the review has a terrible rating and not poor, the General Manager when I was finally able to talk with him a couple days after our check-out was very indifferent to our discomfort in his establishment, and basically send there was was nothing he was going to do. We paid $268.00 for two nights in a hotel that at best should have been charging $80.00 a night was a slap to me as a consumer in these times when being able to take a vacation maybe a luxury. At best the GM needs to take a course in improving his customer relation skills, his attitude has disillusioned me from wanting to spend my money anywhere with the Hoilday Inn brand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim H

Dear Kim H,

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while you were here. Your feedback is very important and will be shared to ensure better future stays. Please consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently had a business trip to Solvang CA for 2 weeks and made reservations at this hotel for the entire stay. However at the end of week one I became very ill and had to return home. The manager refused to refund any of the money! This is outrageous! Thats over $1000!
I have other upcoming business and pleasure trips along with friends and colleges and will make sure I do NOT recommend this place and will never return. This information will be posted on every travel site, and business site I can find also............the ways of dog eat dog never do anyone any good...........they will loose much much more because of this money hungry decision then they would have lost had they been honest and refunded my money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear beverlydc,

Thank you for your review. You have chosen Other Travel Agency to make your reservation and paid the Travel Agency for your entire stay. It is unfortunate you had to depart early. It is an industry wide policy not to refund the unused portion of your stay when you make your reservations through a Travel Agency and pay them. We urge you to call the hotel directly for your future hotel stays to avoid paying Travel Agencies and not receiving refunds.
We look forward to seeing you soon.