“Huge room”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
London
“Huge room”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I let my husband book this room and I was pleasantly surprised.

The reception in new but the rooms are a bit older and have a cabin feel. The room was a really great size and we loved relaxing in there.

The fridge wasn't working and someone promptly came and sorted it.

There is a lovely view of the nature from the hotel. Our room over looked the trees. At breakfast we saw deer grazing.

There was lots of stuff for making hot drinks in the room and the breakfast was pretty good. It is nothing flash - just help yourself to the basics - but what was there was good. For the price of the room this free breakfast was quite reasonable.

The town is so cute and this hotel, while not modern, has some cabin-like charm.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NatsyLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hawaii
Reviewed February 25, 2011

What a great location, can walk to any place in this nice town. The price, staff and cleanliness made ours a pleasant visit. Mahalo

• Stayed February 2011
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed here on Dec. 25th in 2010. The lobby is very beautiful. The front desk was really nice. I forgot to bring my toothpaste and she gave me a new one! That's why I was given a good impression when checking in. The room is good and comfortable. It is very clean. I really like it. The breakfast was included. Well, the breakfast was good. Free wireless internet is available in rooms. Oh, and there has indoor parking! I like it. It was raining at that day, and indoor parking is really convenient for me to bring my luggage from my car to the room and I don't have to be hurry because of the heavy rain. Free complimentary hot coffee is also available in the lobby. It was a good gift for me at that day when it was cold and raining. Decaf is also available. I like it because I can only have decaf only!

Now, I plan to have a trip to Solvang again this weekend, and honestly, I am taking this hotel into my consideration.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We liked our room with a view of the park and hills. Underground parking, but a long walk with luggage, breakfast was ok, nice linens and pillows, refrig, microwave in room. Got our reservation via HotWire for a great price.

• Stayed January 2011
California
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express, Solvang for 1 night on Christmas Eve 2010. We used to stay here before and didn't feel much impressed with the room. We thought it was just OK. But this year we think it's very good. We stayed in Room 240 (non-smoking). The room is new, very clean, and the bed is very comfortable. Not sure if they've just renovated some rooms or all rooms are just different. If you check in and find the room not very good, maybe you can try asking for a different room. The service here is always good.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because it was one of the properties where a block of rooms were held for a friend's wedding. I thought that this was a pretty standard motel. It reminded me of the Holiday Inns I stayed at 20 years ago when I was a kid. There was nothing particularly bad, but nothing particularly good either. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower head didn't produce much water pressure. The one problem we had was that our keycards kept getting de-activated when we came back to the room. Since it was after wedding events late at night, this was kind of a pain. Overall, there wasn't anything that was particularly bad about the hotel, but I also don't think I'll have any really fond memories of it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
St, Louis
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Solvang for two nights recently and came up with the following review:
POSITIVES:
Good location....can walk to everything
Nice breakfast included
Microwave and frig in room very handy
NEGATIVES:
Ridiculous security system making you walk through numerous doors to get to your room and cards only worked half the time requiring you to go back down to lobby to fix your entry card
OLD dirty carpeting throughout