Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotel Corque(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$138
$120
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,257 results
All reviewshash brownskoi pondhonor barjunior suitecheese and crackersoutdoor fireplacein townyogurtfairy talehot breakfasthard boiled eggsbreakfast roomsitting areahappy hourbreakfast was includedthe main streetshops and restaurants
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We recently stayed in Cottage #2, which was great. The minute you walk in, you feel at home. Nice rustic wood floors, wood burning fireplace, lots of windows overlooking the private patio with private jacuzzi. Furniture a little old, but comfortable. Very pleasant to sit on the couch or in the dining room and look out into the garden which has a lovely large oak tree and benches to sit on to enjoy the day. The bedroom is an upstairs loft which has a very comfortable bed with a pristine white duvet. Bedroom has a balcony and lots of windows, which made it very relaxing to wake up in the morning and look out at the greenery from the oak tree. Only drawback I could see was this cottage is at the very back of the property next to a street (not that busy though), so you did get traffic noise when sitting in the backyard (no noise inside the cottage). One other thing that I didn't like was that there were no screens on the windows to this unit, but the a/c worked great (however, I like fresh air). Bathrooms were small but cutely decorated and had nice tile. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Look, this place is NOT a five star or even 3 star hotel. I've stayed in those, and they are great. But anyone who was disappointed by their stay here for the price you pay ($135 village queen for us) is nuts. Okay, we loved it. But there were two things the critics are right about: the breakfast is boring (but good quality - danishes compared favorably with those at the bakery next to Paula's Pancake house, which was delicious, btw) and it is sort of a "motel". You can walk to your car without passing a locked door. Big deal, you could just as well call it a cottage or bungalow. The rooms are nice and clean and well decorated (though they cut corners with the fake stone shower; they did have very nice Kohler sinks and toilets), but the in-room air-conditioning unit is quite noisy.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2008

After a long drive from Phoenix (+12 hours due to an extended run through Malibu) my Girlfriend and I arrived at Wine Valley Inn around 10:00pm. She was already upset and I was worried because we had a week there and didn't want a bad start. Check-in was quick and we went to our King room in the tower. When we walked in, her first words were "It's just lovely, I love it" Thank goodness, because she is hard to please. The room was beautiful. The linens were perfect and the fireplace was stocked. The stone-tiled shower is huge , with a bench for her to sit on, almost spa-like. Nice LCD TV. We both agreed the ambience was quite romantic. Now, I won't say I didn't have some issues: three to be exact. First, there was no phone in the room, Second, the sink drained a bit slow and last, the refigerator didn't work. I took these to the receptionist who entered my complaints for maintenance to fix in the morning. I told her not to rush as we would sleep in and, really who needs a room phone. I'm just nitpicky that way. When we returned the next afternoon,everything was fixed. We later decided the fridge didn't work because my GF had turned it off when we walked in. It was plugged into a switched outlet that she turned off while looking for the hall light. During our entire stay the place was undergoing a renovation. I will tell you it was the quietest renovation I have ever heard, or not heard. They actually took out the fireplaces in the rooms below and adjoining us and the couple that stayed there the previous night made more noise than the contractors. We didn't want to leave and actually gave up a night in Palm Springs to stay a day longer. I would refer any couple to stay there. We've already started planning our next vacation

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 7, 2008

The pictures look much nicer of this old property than the rooms actually are. We had a room that had a lot of age to it - definitely in need of a good steam cleaning. The fireplace was nice, but the bed was old and saggy in the middle. The free breakfast was not that great, either. Our stay was just so-so. For what it costs you should get much more.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Wine Valley Inn for two nights in March for a romantic get away. We throughly enjoyed our stay. The inn is very charming. location quiet(but easy walking distance to the heart of Solvang). The decor of the room was lovely, with big windows with white plantation shutters that allowed the beautiful sun to shine through.. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel/motel beds I have slept in(pillows plentiful and fluffy). The breakfast was great! The electric fireplace was charming and worked!

The front desk staff were pleasant and professiona. They recommend dinner at Cafe Angelica, and it was a good recommentation. Food and service were excellent.

The only downfall was the thin walls.

I would recommend this inn for a girlfriend get away, couples weekend.

Stayed: March 2008