“Quaint and great location”

Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Reviewed January 8, 2012

What a beautiful, quaint Inn!! Accommodations were more than adequate. Room very comfortable. Location? In the heart of this beautiful community.
Sorry we weren't able to see many of the businesses in this area, but we had to leave before most places were open. We will definitely return and would be very satisfied to stay at the Wine Valley Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hueman
There are newer reviews for Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed over the New Year's weekend. It's a great location, we could walk everywhere in this small town. The room we stayed was nice and clean and the staff was very nice. The room we stayed was one that have been renovated with a nice bathroom area and a big TV. The only minus in the room was that the bed was very close to the door and I had to put the heat up because I was very cold sleeping that close to the door and window. The window has no curtains only shutters but that didn't bother me and you could hear your neighbors upstairs walking in their room. The breakfast was nice, they offer toast, cereal, yogurt, eggs, potatoes, sausage, banana,...They are dog friendly also although I didn't take my dog with us. I would stayed here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadrunner077
wine valley inn, General Manager at Wine Valley Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments about our hotel! We strive to exceed all expectations in customer service and guest experience. Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness of our team and cleanliness of our rooms; it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to extend a warm welcome. This was our first year to expand our breakfast so the positive comments we receive are much appreciated.

Thank you for your positive feedback.
Sandra Hallmann, General Manager
Wine Valley Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Solvang is a surprising and deeply strange slice of what is supposed to be Denmark, plonked in the middle of California. It's nothing like Denmark of course, but none the less charming for that. Well worth a visit, but I'd stay away from the Wine Valley Inn until they spend some cash on refurbishment. It feels very tired throughout (we stayed in one of the rooms featured in the hotel brochure - photo rather different to the reality!) and the ambience isn't helped by the aero-engine air conditioning units in the annexe. Cheap (relatively for this part of the world) but not particularly cheerful.

Room Tip: Srtay well clear of the annexe. Choose a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at Wine Valley Inn. We take all comments very seriously and value your comments as an opportunity to improve our Guestrooms as well as our service.
I would like to extend my deepest apology for the extreme noise from the AC unit and upon learning of this maintenance issue, I immediately brought in a professional to repair the unit and can assure you the problem has been resolved.
However I would like speak to you in person regarding any other issues you may have had during your stay so please call the hotel 805-688-2111 and ask for me personally so we can discuss the details of your stay.
I look forward to speaking with you and hope you give us an opportunity to restore your confidence with us in the near future.

Sincerely
Sandra Hallmann, General Manager
Wine Valley Inn

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay over New Year's weekend. It's in a perfect location in town. Room had a fireplace. Nice outdoor area with fireplace . Breakfast buffet included. They also have a nice wine area and serve cheeses during the afternoon. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I took our 99 year old mom to Solvang for a fun two day holiday trip, not too far from Los Angeles. We also packed up the family dog for his first car trip. What a great place to stay - the Wine Valley Inn was beautifully decorated, staff was very friendly and the location was central to everything we wanted to do. Although they forgot the promised "dog bed" -- after two trips to the front desk, housekeeping did bring the bed and bowl. The rates at the Inn were lower than many of the more standard motels around town and the Inn is a great value. The room was a bit small but we don't spend much time in the room anyway. A hot breakfast the next morning was a great treat and quite nice. The fire in the main lobby was especially inviting and the Inn even has a "happy hour" wine tasting where a glass of wine and all the tasting was only $3.00. I would highly recommend this to families on a bit of a budget and I understand that the Inn's deluxe rooms are very nice and larger.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Room is small...got the king size bed room... Clean room, comfy bed, great modern bathroom...the carpet looked kinda scummy. But I brought flip flops.

Overall, I thought it was great value due to location.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank jasmineH20
Reviewed December 19, 2011

A nice place to stay for one night or two weeks. It has all the comforts of home, beautifully designed and decorated with founatins and streams running through the center of the courtyard. The very friendly and helpful staff went above and beyond to assure us a wonderful stay at this quaint Dutch Inn. We will definetly return to stay with them longer.

Room Tip: It has a variety of room selections including individual cottages. We had a standard room with a fir...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
Holiday Inn Express Solvang
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez

Been to Wine Valley Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!