Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
Hadsten House(Solvang)
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)
Hotel Corque(Solvang)
1,257 results
All reviewshash brownskoi pondhonor barjunior suitecheese and crackersoutdoor fireplacein townyogurtfairy talehot breakfasthard boiled eggsbreakfast roomsitting areahappy hourbreakfast was includedthe main streetshops and restaurants
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Our group of five stayed here for two nights, and our rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable, and I was able to have a great night's sleep the first night. The walls (and windows) are very thin, but this didn't cause a problem until the second night. A group of people arrived at 1:30 a.m., and their very loud and obnoxious conversations in the courtyard, stairs, and hallway woke us up. The courtyard is lovely with the gardens and pond. One afternoon, we enjoyed a bottle of wine and some cheese at one of the tables outside; it was very relaxing. They have a wine and cheese reception every evening, where you can purchase a glass of wine, but we were too busy to partake. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the front desk clerk even helped us print out our boarding passes, which was a great help, since we had to leave for LAX at 5:30 a.m. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about -- there are plenty of fabulous restaurants in the area for breakfast, so don't waste your time unless you want to have a hard-boiled egg and cheerios. I would definitely stay again if I returned to Solvang.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A Quaint Hotel in a cute and fun town. Great location within walking distance of all attractions. My husband and I stayed here for one night for free with credit card points. We stayed in a 1st floor room. No major issues with noise. The room had modern decore, is clean, and has nice linens. A tiny bathroom but good water pressure and the sink area is seperate with spacious countertop and mini fridge. There is a free breakfast - (danish, toast, fruit bagels, cereal, coffee and tea, hard boiled eggs). The staff was very polite and helpful. Be sure to explore the hotel's clock tower and cottages, great photo ops. Great place to take pictures. Nice fireplace in the lobby to sit and sip great wine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelMel72
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is very accomodating and comfortable. It has a nice old-world quality about it. The rooms are rustic, but neat and clean. Well situated near all in Solvang. A short walk to anything you want to visit and a short drive to local wineries. Adequate parking. Lots of stairs and very ecclectic floor plans. The cottages are very quaint and recommended for romantic getaways.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Filmwritin
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was excited to stay at this Inn. I was really looking forward to it. On the outside it looks so quaint and cute. From the pictures it looks very nice. We walked into our room and were a little disappointed. Within 10 minutes I called the front desk to see if we could be moved. Our neighbors next to us were so loud. The T.V. was on (probably not very loud) but we could hear everything. We could also hear their conversations. The walls are SO thin. They said they were full and couldn't move us. So in order to endure the noise we turned the air conditioning on to block the noise and wore ear plugs. The breakfast was continental (pretty average).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Abigirl632
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My entire immediate family stayed at this hotel for my sisters wedding. the front desk couldn't find reservation numbers for reservations made months in advance ,tried raising rates on rooms that were already paid for and when my sister couldn't find her ID- tried to refuse her her credit card because she couldn't prove who she was despite the fact our entire family was standing right there. Like I said ,my entire immediate family was there so we paid a LOT of money for incredibally bad service. Housekeeping was rude and miserable, the front desk gave us such a hard time but the kicker was they called the police on my teething 2 year old because she was disturbing the peace of their little town! lousy plumbing also. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family