New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 8 Solvang B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome, great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Brigette and her staff were great. Very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Mirabelle to anyone interested in staying at a place that has warmth and relaxation. The restaurant provides a great dinner. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine and then was able to go up to our room and not worry about driving. Brigitte also provided a great wine tour to four very different, unique wineries that were all very good. Thank you for a great anniversary. We will be back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was my pleasure to stay at the Mirabelle Inn May 1st. & 2nd. The receptionist greeted us with a smile and answered all of our questions . Our room was spacious and well appointed including, fireplace, T. V. & free Wi-Fi plus other personal touches making it a pleasure to return to the room after an afternoon of sightseeing in Solvang and the surrounding areas.
Breakfast was a delight, from fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, Danish pastries, egg omelets, Juices and of course wonderful coffee. The staff was courteous and attentive to our every need.
The afternoon wine and cheese hour is not to be missed. Brigitte has a superb knowledge of wine pairings. The dining room is another five star experience not to be missed.

Thank you Brigitte and Staff for making our stay enjoyable and relaxing.

When in Solvang we would only stay at the Mirabelle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Orange, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Founded in 1911, the city of Solvang began as a dream of three Danish immigrants: Reverend Benedict Nordentoft, Reverend J. M. Gregersen, and Professor P. P. Hornsyld. They raised money to buy a large area of land on the West Coast and subdivide it for farms, homes, and a town for Danish immigrants. Profits from the sale of land would be used for building a Danish-style folk school and a Lutheran church. There is no truth to the folklore that they also planned for it to devolve into a kitschy tourist destination with tired, aging motels.

But thanks to the nearby wine country, Solvang is definitely staging a comeback. I was actually shocked at the amount of people walking the streets during the day (nighttime is another story). I was one of the people visiting to tour wine country and drove down to meet a friend to tour with.

Instead of one of the aging motels, we chose this B & B and were glad we did. Although pricey, the room are large and off the main drag in a quiet neighborhood and was able to sleep off the vino imbibing pretty easy. Room # 10, which I booked, is perfect for couples with a large poster bed, multiple styles of pillows to choose from, on the top floor and a sitting room.

Breakfast was included and can be hit or miss. First breakfast was a disappointment with a terrible choice of poached eggs. Considering poached eggs are no one's first choice at breakfast this was a definite misfire. Plus, at 9:30 with a 10:00 AM end time, breakfast bread basket was empty and not refilled plus water/orange juice were also near depletion. Second morning was much better with lovely service and a very nice omelet. I ate all the fruit and bread I could muster to make up for the lackluster opening morning.

There is free wi-fi and your feeling of the price will depend on why you are in Solvang. If a motel is your price point preference you will not like it here. I preferred a more civilized accommodation and in spite of the breakfast misfire will stay again. There is a restaurant on site and I will review that under separate cover. Other rooms have in room jet tubs and there is a small room on site for guest spa treatments. They can organize a wine tour for you as well.

Recommended!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I are planning a trip back to Solvang soon and I happened upon this site as I was checking for reservations at the Mirabelle Inn. I was shocked at the negative reviews.

Brigitte and her staff are always very kind and beyond accommodating and we would never consider staying anywhere else in Solvang.

The rooms are well appointed and the restaurant is fabulous.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Uncle!
At $350 (including the recent Solvang tax), the price exceeds the value. I would have been pleased to pay $175 for our room. Decor is hodge podge, bathrooms are small, outdated, tub grout thickened to cover black bath mold. Location, great. Service, great. Food at restaurant in evening, great. Breakfast was super simple, nothing exciting. Exterior is best part with ivy and draping wisteria welcoming their visitors. Inside, lots of items for sale with price tags on artwork, and a corner cabinet of costume jewelry.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate the time this guest spent to review our property and are grateful for the positive comments. Our rooms are individually and tastefully decorated and most guests much enjoy some of the antiques that were brought in from Europe by the original owner, when the inn was built in 1994. We have many modern amenities, but we are not a large chain hotel where every looks the same and has the same color scheme.We have an extensive cleaning and maintenance program and are proud of our property. Guests often go online to www.mirabelleinn.com to view our rooms and pick the one they like best. Our rates vary from $165 to $295, depending on the room and the day of the week. These rates are in line with Solvang hotel prices for this type of property and pay our staff and the mortgage.
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room was nice and well appointed. The bathroom was adequate but very small. We stayed 2 nights and I was surprised when they didn't replenish the bath items including shampoo. When I asked the front desk person said she's leave shampoo on the desk which of course I forgot. The wine and cheese at 4:30 was well received. The owner asked about our stay on her way in at night and I mentioned that morning's breakfast which underwhelmed us. The muffins seemed like a box mix and not a good one at that. The egg dish was eh. The following morning's breakfast was much better and all was forgiven. The desserts were also excellent. It's a good location if you're wine tasting and visiting the cute town of Solvang.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Many thanks to this guests for the positive comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay! The staff and I often try out new recipes for baked goods and cookies and although most of the time they are delicious, I agree, those muffins were not one of our baking highlights!! I apologize and hope you enjoyed the rest of the breakfast and tried our delicious homemade granola.
Niceville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This inn is run just like a hotel. It lacks that personal touch I expect from a B&B. The receptionist is young and she tries to please, but the demands are too much for one person. She works the front desk, takes reservations, responds to complaints, supervises housekeeping, and even serves the food for breakfast. She is so harried, she cannot remember the orders for breakfast and even spilled my orange juice this morning as she was serving. My heart really goes out to her so I just overlooked the fact that she couldn't remember my order and never informed us that there is a little wine happy-hour in the evening. I did start to feel a bit more neglected when our room received no housekeeping services on the second day. But the final straw for me was when we requested a late checkout because we were catching a red eye flight out of LAX and the owner refused to accommodate us because it would cause a challenge for housekeeping. How ironic! I shared my disappointment about the lack of customer support and was told it was the owner's direct decision not to honor our request so it was clear it was not the receptionist's call.
Despite its rank as the #1 B&B in Solvang, I would not recommend this inn to my friends and I would not stay here again. The message we clearly received was they are too big/busy for that personal touch and not so much because of customer load as the owner's unwillingness to provide support to both her staff and in our case, her guests.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We strive to accommodate our guests every need. This guest unfortunately informed us, after a 3 night stay, at 10 am on check out day, that she would like to extend her check out until 5 p.m. We are a 10 room inn, our housekeepers work in the morning, so that our rooms are clean by 2 pm for stay over guests to have a relaxing afternoon and for new arrivals. We did extend the guests check out until 1 pm, at this time she let us know that she reviews places and “we better fix this, an unfavorable review would follow”.
We apologized for the housekeeping oversight on the first day and the innkeeper assisted with what was needed when it was brought to her attention. Mr. F. enjoyed wine hour with other guests and we presented a nice bottle of local Pinot Noir to Mr. & Mrs. F. for having missed the complimentary wine hour one day.
Our innkeepers work hard, but they are more than well equipped to handle our guests and the work that comes with it and they enjoy it. I am very proud of my staff. They are all friendly and kind, and go out of their way to please our guests, as one can read in other reviews.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our many loyal guests for their many kind words and hope to welcome them back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
Solvang Gardens
Solvang Gardens
#5 of 8 in Solvang

Been to Mirabelle Inn? Share your experiences!