WINNER WONDERLAND

“Simply the BEST there is!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mirabelle Inn

Mirabelle Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Solvang B&B and Inns
“Simply the BEST there is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I are planning a trip back to Solvang soon and I happened upon this site as I was checking for reservations at the Mirabelle Inn. I was shocked at the negative reviews.

Brigitte and her staff are always very kind and beyond accommodating and we would never consider staying anywhere else in Solvang.

The rooms are well appointed and the restaurant is fabulous.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Uncle!
At $350 (including the recent Solvang tax), the price exceeds the value. I would have been pleased to pay $175 for our room. Decor is hodge podge, bathrooms are small, outdated, tub grout thickened to cover black bath mold. Location, great. Service, great. Food at restaurant in evening, great. Breakfast was super simple, nothing exciting. Exterior is best part with ivy and draping wisteria welcoming their visitors. Inside, lots of items for sale with price tags on artwork, and a corner cabinet of costume jewelry.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate the time this guest spent to review our property and are grateful for the positive comments. Our rooms are individually and tastefully decorated and most guests much enjoy some of the antiques that were brought in from Europe by the original owner, when the inn was built in 1994. We have many modern amenities, but we are not a large chain hotel where every looks the same and has the same color scheme.We have an extensive cleaning and maintenance program and are proud of our property. Guests often go online to www.mirabelleinn.com to view our rooms and pick the one they like best. Our rates vary from $165 to $295, depending on the room and the day of the week. These rates are in line with Solvang hotel prices for this type of property and pay our staff and the mortgage.
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room was nice and well appointed. The bathroom was adequate but very small. We stayed 2 nights and I was surprised when they didn't replenish the bath items including shampoo. When I asked the front desk person said she's leave shampoo on the desk which of course I forgot. The wine and cheese at 4:30 was well received. The owner asked about our stay on her way in at night and I mentioned that morning's breakfast which underwhelmed us. The muffins seemed like a box mix and not a good one at that. The egg dish was eh. The following morning's breakfast was much better and all was forgiven. The desserts were also excellent. It's a good location if you're wine tasting and visiting the cute town of Solvang.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Many thanks to this guests for the positive comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay! The staff and I often try out new recipes for baked goods and cookies and although most of the time they are delicious, I agree, those muffins were not one of our baking highlights!! I apologize and hope you enjoyed the rest of the breakfast and tried our delicious homemade granola.
Niceville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This inn is run just like a hotel. It lacks that personal touch I expect from a B&B. The receptionist is young and she tries to please, but the demands are too much for one person. She works the front desk, takes reservations, responds to complaints, supervises housekeeping, and even serves the food for breakfast. She is so harried, she cannot remember the orders for breakfast and even spilled my orange juice this morning as she was serving. My heart really goes out to her so I just overlooked the fact that she couldn't remember my order and never informed us that there is a little wine happy-hour in the evening. I did start to feel a bit more neglected when our room received no housekeeping services on the second day. But the final straw for me was when we requested a late checkout because we were catching a red eye flight out of LAX and the owner refused to accommodate us because it would cause a challenge for housekeeping. How ironic! I shared my disappointment about the lack of customer support and was told it was the owner's direct decision not to honor our request so it was clear it was not the receptionist's call.
Despite its rank as the #1 B&B in Solvang, I would not recommend this inn to my friends and I would not stay here again. The message we clearly received was they are too big/busy for that personal touch and not so much because of customer load as the owner's unwillingness to provide support to both her staff and in our case, her guests.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mirabelleinn, Owner at Mirabelle Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We strive to accommodate our guests every need. This guest unfortunately informed us, after a 3 night stay, at 10 am on check out day, that she would like to extend her check out until 5 p.m. We are a 10 room inn, our housekeepers work in the morning, so that our rooms are clean by 2 pm for stay over guests to have a relaxing afternoon and for new arrivals. We did extend the guests check out until 1 pm, at this time she let us know that she reviews places and “we better fix this, an unfavorable review would follow”.
We apologized for the housekeeping oversight on the first day and the innkeeper assisted with what was needed when it was brought to her attention. Mr. F. enjoyed wine hour with other guests and we presented a nice bottle of local Pinot Noir to Mr. & Mrs. F. for having missed the complimentary wine hour one day.
Our innkeepers work hard, but they are more than well equipped to handle our guests and the work that comes with it and they enjoy it. I am very proud of my staff. They are all friendly and kind, and go out of their way to please our guests, as one can read in other reviews.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our many loyal guests for their many kind words and hope to welcome them back soon!
Carlsbad, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Mirabelle Inn on February 9-10, 2013. We stayed in Room 10 which is a suite with a king size bed located on the hotel's top floor. The room was spacious & the bed comfortable. There is a small elevator (enough for 1 person + luggage) that goes to the floor below where Rooms 10 & 11 are located and guests can reach these rooms by using 4-5 steps. We saw other travelers' comments on TA before we booked Room 10 and we were pleased to find that the stairs posed no problems. May not be for everyone though. We were greeted upon arrival by Becca who was exceedingly pleasant & helpful during our stay. Breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant and consists of fruit & breads followed by an egg dish or abelskivers ... all very good and plenty to carry you over to lunch. The hotel's location on the east side of "downtown" Solvang made it convenient to walk to dozens of shops, restaurants and bakeries. There's a small parking area behind the hotel that is reserved for hotel guests and ample street parking in front of the hotel if the lot is full. The only minor drawbacks were that the bathroom was somewhat small for a "suite level" room, the bath towels are nearing the end of their useful life and there was a little street noise (not enough to interrupt our sleep) as our room faced 1st Street. We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant on our first night. The food was top notch (i.e. comparable to The Ballard Inn) with a very good (if not huge) wine list. We travel to the Santa Ynez Valley about once a year and we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Watchful26
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I had a number of stressful experiences in the last two months with work, house, kids, etc. So, to detox I booked room nine at the Mirabelle. I know that we both will live longer. The reservations were handled personally as if we were the President of the U.S. When we arrived Becca treated us like we were visiting royalty. (Not to mention we parked for free right out front of the main door for the entire weekend.) We were demanding guests continuing to change our dinner reservations right to hours before the reservation time. All of our changes were treated as if we had tipped every one a hundred dollars each time. The room (you have to get room nine) with its balcony, hot tub for two, and working fireplace was perfect. The king bed was great. We couldn't have asked for better.

Room Tip: The Mirabelle Cafe is wonderful. Another great place is ROOT 246 just a block away. We walked the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Charming little house in the center of Solvang, walking distance from the main street, far enough to avoid the crowd.
Excellent restaurant, with some creative dishes.
Very pleasant and smiling staff, everything contributes to make your stay memorable.
On New Year's eve there was a little festive buffet end of the afternoon, and we found a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us in our room; very nice attention.
Perfect for a romantic week end...

Room Tip: We had room 9. Large and beautiful, with a jet tub... perfect.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
Solvang Gardens
Solvang Gardens
#5 of 8 in Solvang

Been to Mirabelle Inn? Share your experiences!