Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beautiful hotel happy hour hotel restaurant central location walking distance spacious room wine tasting in town los olivos santa ynez wine country the main street vin mad pits aesthetic pet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019

Very cute property right in the centre of Solvang. Everything is within walking distance. The in-house restaurant Mad & Vin, had a nice selection of food a drink. The room was modern and the bed was comfortable. If you're looking for a quiet, cute spot, this would be it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Barry_Prescott, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Thanks for your wonderful review, Nicole. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our central location, signature restaurant, and room accommodations hit the mark for you! Hope to welcome you back again next time you're in our area.

Barry P.

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Not a luxurious hotel like displayed pictures on hotel website. Employees not friendly. No gym. No pool. No spa. No complimentary breakfast.
Wifi was poor. Parking $15 a day to self park. I wouldn't recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Anthony T
Barry_Prescott, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve upon our facility and guest experience. I'd like to apologize for missing the mark in terms of service and that our accommodations weren't to your liking. Rest assured I've noted your concerns but please don't hesitate to reach out to me with further questions and I'll be happy to discuss with you. I hope you'll reconsider staying with us next time you're in our area so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Unclean bedding, inadequate room amenities. Over-priced, poor value to comparable hotels. The checkin clerk personally walked the room prior to my arrival. Upon my entry there was obvious thick dust particles covering the bedding, seemingly from the AC vent above bed. Upon check in the clerk asked me if I️ wanted to upgrade for 40% more money. She said the room is unusually small and that I️ need to be careful standing up in the bathroom. She was a very nice woman and seemed genuinely concerned. I️ had to be very careful when showering due to ceiling height being that low. And, I️ couldn’t turn in the shower without touching the glass or wall. Really !! The staff is very nice and accommodating. My low staff score is based on my check-out when I️ was asked “how was my stay” and I️ replied very unhappy and dissatisfied with the room accommodations. The check out clerk seemed confused about what to do. I️ was very calm and didn’t request any concession, but found it odd when she seemed to just want to hurry me on my way. There was no offer or attempt to remedy my experience. I️ will not and suggest you do not stay at this overpriced hotel. There are countless hotels in Solvang that will appreciate your patronage !!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, my apologies that I wasn't able to respond to you sooner. Clearly we missed the mark in providing you with the excellent service each guests deserves and that which we pride ourselves with. I'd like to apologize for this and assure you that I'll be reaching out directly to address your concerns in hopes of resolving these issues. I look forward to connecting with you and I hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Barry P.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Hotel room is beautiful. Everything else was meh.

Half of the restaurant or bar was being renovated. I felt like they really should've told us before booking. The food for breakfast at Mad & Vin is nothing to write home about. It's overpriced for what you get. I'm happy to pay top dollar for good food, but this felt short. Drinks as well. The Home Made Bloody Mary is awful and the service was subpar too. The waitress didn't have a clear understanding of the menu, was slow to check-in on us at the start of meal and throughout.

When you're paying $450 a night for a hotel room in Solvang, it should be excellent. The room was LOVELY. Everything else was less than. It feels like all of the employees are just there to collect a paycheck. Not getting to know you or do anything to make your experience memorable. It's a boutique hotel but doesn't feel like you get that level of care that I've received elsewhere. Charging $1 for a dose of Advil that's just sitting on the floor in a box behind the desk, and don't have tampons for guests. Fine, but do more for your guests. It'll go a long way.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Barry_Prescott, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I truly appreciate feedback like yours as it allows us to improve our facility and guest experience. Clearly we missed the mark in providing you the service we pride ourselves with and for that I'd like to sincerely apologize. I'm glad to hear that you did enjoy your room overall but rest assured your concerns have been taken to staff for future reservations. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have further questions or comments and I will gladly discuss with you. I hope you'll reconsider staying with us next time you're in our area so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed May 14, 2019

everything was great, modern, clean and nicely decorated with comfortable beds and linens which are very important to me. I love the Danish modern decor and the light, bright open spaces. We were there for a race and it was helpful that the startline was walking distance. Overall the location of the hotel cannot be beat!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Barry_Prescott_, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Thanks for your wonderful review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, most notably our comfortable beds, linens, and modern decor! I hope you'll consider staying with us next time you're in our area.