“Great staff and great location”
Review of Valley Harvest Inn

Valley Harvest Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Soledad
Monterey, California
“Great staff and great location”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We wanted to thank the new management and staff for their great hospitality. We were pleasantly surprised with the charming decor when we walked into the lobby. We were a group of four and asked for adjoining rooms. They had the rooms available and ready immediately. The rooms had a wonderful inn feel to them, each decorated differently to make you feel like you were at home rather then at a motel. Also, the location could not be beat, we were going to wineries in the area and the front desk staff helped with all our questions. Thanks and we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NorCal, USA
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed for one night in a room with two queen beds on the second (top) floor. We were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations, and the staff was helpful and friendly. It was definitely fair value for the price as well as being quiet. And yes, we plan to stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerX15
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We will stay there again and would recommend this motel to our friends.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Davmorr
Surfmotelowner, General Manager at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
We, the Staff and Management are working hard to deliver a valued product, since we took over last year our focus has been on the guest. We thank you so much for trusting us with your travel dollars and also trusting a property that is not a franchise.

We are here to serve.

Ringwood, IL
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Nice updated rooms. Was pleasantly suprised when stopping while passing through. Nicely landscaped small workout room. King room had microwave and a nice sized frig.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank majesticsunsets
We hear this so often and Thank you for taking the time to tell others. We are working hard at making it right every time. My staff is happy to give out my email address and phone number if it is not right, please call or write.

Thanks Again

Eric R. Cgodill
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. It's just what we needed. The room was comfortable, clean had all the amenities you would expect.

They should ditch the continental breakfast or move it into the lobby area where there are windows.

Room Tip: Got a great rate on their website.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter G
That is what Goldy Locks said, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your travel needs.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Normally stay in Salinas, but decided to stay in Soledad based upon the reviews I read. BEfore I register on the website, I called to see if the pricing would be better than listed and the front desk states the website was the best price because due to weekend, the pricing would be close to $ 100.00, so the website was better in pricing. So I made my reservations on line. When I arrived at the hotel, 2 guests in front of me got rooms $ 10 less than my web priding. When I checked in, I inquiry why walkin received better pricing, I was told I would be given a better hotel room. On the website, I requested for a higher level room due to my sensitivity to noise from above. When the front desk said I would be given a larlge corner room and it would be quiet because the hotel was only 30% occupancy. I was told that the room has a couch and I would be please with this larger room. When I went to the room, the light switch by the door did not work. I had to walk in the dark to go to the bathroom to turn on the switch to get light in the room. The room smelled like smoke and I was surprise that athis hotel was a smoking hotel. I stay in hotels every month in California and never received a smoking room. It was late and I did not want to complain since I had to get up before 6 AM to go to work. I could not sleep well due to the smoke I can smell in the room and the room above me was noisy with walking up during the night and getting up early also. When I checked out early in the morning, I found out the room I was given was a smoking room and there was other non-smoking rooms!!! The continental breakfast was not worth it for me to stay to eat as I had a headache from the smoking room I could not sleep in.. I will be working back in Salnas next month and will not stay ever at this hotel again. I will stick with the brand name hotels in Salinas that seems to have better newer rooms and better breakfasts. But if you are looking for a no frills room while passing through, this may fit your bill, but this hotel was not what I expected on the weekend of Oct. 14th.

Room Tip: Request for non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LCLee
I love to see Tripadvisor Senior writter comments, and it sounds like we missed the mark at making this a stay to remember. I am sorry for the late reply and would love to make this up to you. Our motto " Make It right". Please call my staff and ask for my direct number or email, we want you back.

Eric R. Cogdill

Travelers are raving about these Soledad hotels

HERTS
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We originally booked one night but stayed two as room was good small but clean and overlooked pool area, spa and pool clean, staff all seemed happy and were helpful would stay there again, good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Surfmotelowner, Lodging Today, Management Company at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you so much for extending for a second night and your kind thoughts. Our staff is what makes it all work. Your Draft will be apart of our employee enhancemt program. Thanks again, Eric R. Cogdill President, Lodging Today
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soledad
Days Inn King City
#3 of 7 in King City
Keefer's Inn
Keefer's Inn
#1 of 7 in King City

Been to Valley Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!