“Come for the wine - Stay for the art!!”
Review of Hahn Estate Winery

Hahn Estate Winery
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Soledad
milpitasca
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Come for the wine - Stay for the art!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We found this winery to be a bit difficult to find. It is about 5 miles off Highway 101 and signage is almost non-existent! We had a coupon for 2 free tastings and I found all of their wines to be wonderful. Bottle prices were around $20 up to $50 a bottle. The view from the patio is super. They had cheeses in a refrigerated case and a $15 cheese plate with 2 varieties of cheese, grapes, and crackers. The winery is a long way from town, so if you are hungry and don't have a picnic with you, the cheese is the only choice. Now for the art. The owners support a school in Kenya called Mugie Ranch. Gaby Hahn is quite an artist and has her paintings on display (and for sale) in the winery. She captivates the colors and spirits of the various African tribesmen in her beautiful pieces. All profits from the artwork go back to support the school in Kenya.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank alicerabbit

Visalia, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,215 helpful votes
“Great wine, great people”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

It's a great stop if you are around and you feel like wine tasting, they have tables outside on the terrace and also on the side, the view it's amazing remember you are on the hills, I have been here several times and I always enjoy their wine, this time I couldn't due to the people there, they were just busy, but it's always a nice drive.

1 Thank MONTYHADES
San Francisco, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Nice views - Dog friendly - Great picnic tables”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Honorio poured us a great selection of wines from Pinot Gris to Cab. He was great to chat with and Indy, the resident dog, was friendly and helped create a welcoming laid back atmosphere. We brought our two dogs who loved the grassy area and enjoyed sitting with us as we had a picnic at the tables outside. The views of the valley were awesome. Make sure to buy a bottle or two and avoid the tasting fee, their prices are very reasonable.

Visited February 2014
Wahpeton, North Dakota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The 1st vineyard I've been to”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had this on our schedule to visit. Wasn't disappointed. The staff was very nice, the tour and lunch served was very good. The head chef does his meals with local ingredients and very fresh salads and sandwich we had was very good. The wine tasting was very good. I did order a case of wine to have sent to me. Hahn wines were very good.

Visited February 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Great wine, great tour, great people! Worth the drive to Soledad”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I booked the ATV vineyard tour and can't say enough about it. The scenery was nothing short of breathtaking, and the breadth of our tour guide's knowledge was impressive. We learned about the making of wine from a number of different perspectives: scientific (e.g. soil conditions, topography, weather, etc.), production side (barrel making, aging process, sampling, etc.) and financial side. The vineyard is large and impressive but small enough in scale to be able to see the process from soup to nuts. The tasting room made for a great end of the tour, and I was impressed at how little pressure was placed on us to make a sale. When you've got good wines like they do, I guess you don't have to pressure customers.

Visited November 2013