“solana beach burgers n brew”

Chiefs Burgers & Brew
Ranked #15 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 30, 2012

this is a great beer value.....but dingy waitresses forgetfull on the menu ......not sure they are somewhat too slow thinkers.....great food and beer thats all folks...dont depend on the waitresses.....duh!!

1  Thank ymorrow2000

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Chief's Burgers & Brew seems to be a very popular location for locals. Even though it was busy when I visited, the service was fast and friendly. Table service was great and the food was just as good. I ordered a hamburger and my friend ordered the Quesadilla. Both meals came to the table quickly and tasted great.

The atmosphere is just great and I could see people hanging around for quite some time with friends. I saw families, business people and couples here all looking comfortable and happy.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I have been to this sports bar four times now (we just moved into the neighborhood a couple of months ago). We like the free, fast wifi, very friendly service and cozy bar atmosphere. The food is your typical bar menu - burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc. They don't have much for vegetarians unless you like fish. Their fish tacos are pretty good (much much better than Tidewater's) and my husband says the burgers are pretty good too. Their salads are not that interesting and just ok taste-wise.

I give this place four stars because it is always clean and doesn't have that dark, stanky bar smell that so many smaller bars have. Also, you get a great view of a tv from almost every angle in the bar. I would give them five stars if they improved their menu and included some healthier options.

There is a variety of people that come here, families with small kids after a little league game, disabled seniors, as well as thirty-something couples and single guys enjoying the game from the bar. Their outdoor patio is always busy on a warm, sunny afternoon but note that they do not allow dogs on their patio.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We love this little sports bar. Great location for the train stop in Solana Beach (just across the street)! They make a great burger, excellent tuna salad sandwich and have a good selection of beers. Wish they served the burgers with a knife, but all else is A-OK!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

During my 2 month stay in Solana beach I visited Chiefs several times and really enjoyed being there.
The staff were very friendly, especially Joe the bartender whom we became friends with, and gave us some great tips and info on the area.!
The food was excellent and we were told they do the best burgers...we were told right!! They also serve sandwiches, a wide variety of appetizers and variety of other dishes such a specials of the day including Chicken Rotisarie which was gorgous! Prices were average when it came to both food and drink and service was excellent.
A friendly jolly atmosphere with several wide screen televisions showing live sports made this place so easy to go to. A arcade games corner also adds to the appeal for families to keep the kids occupied :)
A nice outdoor seating area, excellent food, a wide selection of drinks, lots of wide screen TV's, kids arcade game corner and friendly staff made this place my favourite in Solana beach. Miss it!
Enjoy