“Terrific”

Dining options: Breakfast
corona del mar, CA
“Terrific”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

awesome food, great staff..seems healthier but so good I am not sure!!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank embeau

San Diego, CA
“Healthy and Tasy - a rare combination!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Came here for brunch and was genuinely impressed by the variety and innovative stuff in the menu. Rarely does one find a restaurant that serves healthy fare that is actually tasty. Faux-meat is usually pretty awful and a poor substitute for the real meat in terms of taste but not here - the soy sausage here was so yummy! 80% of the menu is vegan/vegetarian but there are meat add-ons too so nobody feels left out. Brunch places usually make you feel so full and bloated with their fried stuff so it was a pleasant change to leave the place not feeling stuffed at all!
Giving only a 4 since I wasn't too impressed with the Cafe Au Lait that I had - maybe I will try another of their specialty coffees next time and that will make me change the rating to a 5! :)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank dalda
TX
“Come hungry, leave happy”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a hole-in-the-wall, outdoor patio basically covered over, but what a place! It's crowded inside, but the food is awesome! It has the most interesting breakfast menu I've seen in a long time, with healthy choices, interesting choices. The portions are huge! A variety of coffee drinks are offered, as well as juices. There is parking next door in a lot. It's across from a park that leads to the beach, so get ready to walk that breakfast off. Yum, yum, yum!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank UpNOut
Littleton, Colorado
“Food great/service less then meh”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been eating at the Naked Cafe for the past 8 years. The service has gotten progressively worse. Because the food is good, I rated this restaurant in the mid-range. If I were going to rate it solely on service, I would make the rating lower. Things used to move along more smoothly when the owner was present. As he has opened more restaurants, his touch is absent and the wait staff is very inattentive. On more than one occasion, I've waited at the doorway for a table before the waitstaff, lost in conversation in the backroom, noticed and seated me. I've waited so long for coffee refills that I've helped myself. And this is during the weekday when the restaurant is not busy. Food takes a long time to arrive.
The food is quite good and healthy. Whole wheat tortillas, egg white options, fresh ingredients. But all that is negated by inattention and poor customer service.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Becky S
Denver, Colorado
“My favorite brunch in the San Deigo area!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Another place I have to go to when I'm back in San Diego! Naked Cafe is right up the ramp from the beach in Solana beach! With a great view, wonderful atmosphere, and healthy delicious food... it is SO worth it, and LOVE it!

Visited May 2011