“Dinner & Show”

Cuisines: American
Glendale, California
“Dinner & Show”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We've thought of going to the Belly Up for a long time and finally went last week. The place is great to see a Band play. We saw the "Funky Meters," they were so good. We had dinner in the restaurant before the show and the dinner was great. The staff was very nice and made it a special evening. The food was also very good. From the Baja Fish Tacos, grill salmon and the steak all our meals were well prepared and tasted great. The wine list was small but had a nice selection of Reds and Whites. If you eat in the restaurant you get in the bar for the show through the side door and have a chance for better seats. We're already looking for another band to see, so we can go back.

• Visited October 2011

Austin, Texas
“Go for the live music”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I had been to belly up one other time when I was visiting San Diego and didn't recall it being so lame. Went on a week night but it was the overall experience that was unappealing. Started at the door, had to wait for around 15 minutes to get it. Packed? Long lines? Nope, about 6 people in front of us and once we got in, about a 100 people. Turned out it was a combination of a bored inattentive casher and an oppressive entrance policy. Once we got to the window to pay the brunette behind the counter made sure we had to wait while she chatted with a manager and checked her computer. After the wait she managed to not get the tickets right (despite having my arm around my date and saying two please, she assumed I only wanted one ticket). Now to get in - first pay the brunette; she hands you a ticket; turn to your right; hand the ticket to bouncer one; step sideways to your left; have bouncer two stamp your hand but only one specific spot, no other; then turn to face bouncer three who will look you over to determine if you are worthy of entry (in my case he had me relinquish my dangerous pocket knife of 1.5"). Once in you will be treated to a large space and drink prices that rival top bars in the San Diego area ( $10 shot of Don Julio). There is a large multi-floor sitting area on the left but most of it has blocked site lines. The best thing about belly up are the acts. With a lack of venues hosting live music this gives Belly Up a leg up, but unless someone is playing that you really want to see I would spend my money somewhere where they were happy I was their customer.

• Visited September 2011
Behind you
“I recommend the PBR tall boys”
Reviewed March 10, 2009

I went last Saturday (3/7/09) to watch Cross Canadian Ragweed. I have also been probably 12 times before as well. This place is great, make sure you get there early when the doors open to get a seat otherwise plan on standing in a crowd in front of the stage. Other than an occasional 45 year old stuck up southern Californian that does not enjoy a good time when he or she is literaly there, this is the best place to catch a live show in San Diego. Check out there website for upcomming shows they have a concert every night except Monday ..... I think

Smiley Face

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A super fun place to catch a live show.”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

A super fun place to catch a live show.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook