“The Solana Beach Marriott is a comfortable, fun experience.”

Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I've been staying in the Solana Beach Marriott for over 10 years with my family. We visit San Diego each summer and always enjoy our experience here. Not only is the service great, but it's always a fun experience. The location is perfect with close proximity to the beach, restaurants and the Del Mar race track. Going south to La Jolla is an easy trip as well. The recent upgrades to the lobby, restaurant and pool area are nice. I recommend this hotel very highly due to its' superior service, location and price point.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2010

The staff there are very helpful and responsive. The rooms are a pretty good size - comfy and updated. The lobby has been totally renovated and they added a "Bistro" restaurant. The new restaurant looks very nice, but honestly, I miss the buffet that Courtyards typically have. Especially when traveling with children. Very close to Sea World. I walked over to Majestic Nails at the shopping center next door and had a FANTASTIC experience. Check them out if you are here. A very good deal and wonderful service for what looks like a typical nail salon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed while attending a conference in the area. Check-in and use of business centere was quick and easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is just a short bit off the main highway and very easy to find. Very convenient for travelers with business north of San Diego.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at the Solana Beach Courtyard Marriott recently because it was the designated race hotel for my triathlon. I was very pleasantly surprised by the very convenient location, friendliness of the staff and room size and cleanliness. Once I parked my car there, I never had to drive until I was leaving San Diego. All of my destinations (food, shopping, beach, and most importantly my race!) were within walking distance. The staff were very friendly upon my arrival and made sure I had everything I needed. They even accomodated my request to store my bike in the room. I would love to go back down and stay at the Solana Beach Courtyard Marriott for vacation - Solana Beach is such a great beach town and the hotel is ultra convenient. It was an excellent weekend all around.
-Jennifer, Huntington Beach, California

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Making the reservation with Jenna was great! She was very helpful and gave me a great room and a great rate! The hotel was clean and very well located to get to the Del Mar Beach and other activities. My daughter traveled with me both times and loves staying at this hotel! I highly recommend it and great underground parking!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This is an older Marriott property. It was clean and what you expect from a Marriott property. We just felt it was overpriced for the location and did not include breakfast of any kind. That was even more.

1  Thank deadeye188
Reviewed June 1, 2010

When I looked up the different Marriott properties to chose for a week long stay in San Diego, I found this Courtyard that fit our price range and with a great location. The access to the hotel is quick off I-5 and its right on Pacific Coast Highway in Solana Beach. They even have free underground parking which in Calif is a great thing to have but rare to find. They were remodeling the center courtyard area while we were there and from what I could tell it was shaping up nicely. Rooms were perfect and very big especially the high ceilings in the second floor. BTW there is a liquor / deli right next door to for easy access with good prices too. The Personnel at the Courtyard were very professional and helpful too. Definitely will return when we visit San Diego again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar

Been to Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach? Share your experiences!