Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach
$132
  • Breakfast included
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$173
$156
$199
$178
$337
$299
  • Pool
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge(Cardiff-by-the-Sea)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$135
$125
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$261
$221
BestWestern.com
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$141
$136
HotelIndigo.com
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard marriottdesign districtbeach accessoutdoor fireplacenaked cafecalifornia pizza kitchensan diegodog beachwithin walking distancefirst floorstarbucks coffeefletcher coveunderground parkinghot tubfront desk staffshort drivelarge room
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I called the hotel directly to book a jacuzzi suite. I was quoted for and booked into that room. We got to the hotel and check in was a breeze although the desk clerk never said anything about the room. We got to our room and walked into a nicely remodeled room. The bathroom was huge with a separate shower and tub. The setup of the new bathroom is a little strange, the bathtub seems like it was added to fill space and the toilet is in a little room with a pocket door. After looking for and not seeing a jacuzzi tub, I went to to the desk again and asked what type of room we were given. The manager said we were in a junior suite. When asked about the jacuzzi suite he said they didn't have those anymore which is funny since I had reserved through the hotel 24 hours earlier. The other frustrating thing was the clerk had charged us for the jacuzzi suite that was $20 more per night. After talking with the manager he lowered the rate below the current rate. It was very disappointing since this was for our anniversary getaway and I would have stayed elsewhere for less money and no $12 parking fee! The patio area is nice except when you have people talking loudly and laughing at 1 in the morning...I think some double pane glass doors would help cut down the noise. I saw at least 2 other people that had problems talking to the manager while I was checking out.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kb614
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Room not ready when we checked in at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon. Come on man! Waited over 30 minutes before clerk decided to "upgrade" us to what they call a suite - really just a wedge shaped room lacking some furnishings. Could have used a table and side chairs to fill out the oversize room.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Eddie85260
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was in Carlsbad, CA recently to plat the Torrey Pines golf course and this location is just perfect. Not many nice hotels close to Del Mar Racetrack and Torrey Pines at a reasonable price, this is one of them! The staff is helpful and friendly, service very good. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank P51rayf
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Shawn Dunbar did an excellent job in assisting guests and going out of his way in paying attention to detail!!!! Employees in the Bistro were also exception in their suggestions of beach walks. You will be checked into a newly remodeled room with the decor unique to the beach atmosphere. Bistro area also has a nice outdoor fireplace.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

A repeat review/visitor, but I felt it was worth it. First of all, here's a tip from a regular San Diego visitor. Mission Valley hotels are cheaper, but you're tucked away with all the chains--literally a tourist trap. Downtown hotels are expensive, and nice. If you want the total San Diego package, stay here! Plus, you're on the beach--hotel is not directly on the beach, but a stone's throw away. Plus you have access to the train which is $12 for a day pass, and takes you right into San Diego (30-40 min ride). Hotel is much nicer than other Courtyards I've been to. Every one of them has a patio. The staff is really on top of things too--probably the biggest reason I come back here. I also recommend their bistro on site. Restaurants around the hotel--several in walking distance--are good, but I found it's actually nice to eat at the hotel and sit outside. Great place to stay, and obviously I'll be back.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo