“Great location for a getaway place!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach

Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
Corona, California
“Great location for a getaway place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I recently wanted to get out of the heat and close to the beach area where the climate was cooler.!
We were very happy with the quality of the room,(comfortable and clean), and the location of good restaurants and shops that were within walking distance(15 MINUTES AWAY). The rates were reasonable (use AAA OR AARP) for a reasonable week-day rate. Parking is $12 per night(the only drawback).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MaryA32248

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott Courtyard for five days for business and two days waiting for an airline strike to end. This is a terrifically convenient hotel. The staff is polite and helpful. There are easy laundry facilities, internet in the room, and a gym. The hotel has a small bistro, but is close to many restaurants located in Solona Beach and North County San Diego. It is quite a bargain and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Josh L, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our excellent staff, facilities and other amenities. Our location offers great access to the beautiful beaches, restaurants and fun activities in North County. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I may help with any future reservations, please feel free to contact me.

Josh Lujan, General Manager 858-792-8200
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a king room on the ground floor.. ask for ground floor and go the king room. Entrance through to pool and.. great little bistro for breakfast and quick and easy dining for dinner. Easy walk to shops for groceries or anything you want. We were attending a car show at the Del Mar fairgrounds and were able to walk there one day. It was so easy to get to the I-5 to travel into San Diego. Highly recommend for value for money and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor and go the King room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Josh L, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach. More importantly, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience! The Del Mar Fairgrounds hosts a variety of events year round, and the GoodGuys Car Show is one of the larger events of the year. I have shared your comments with our hotel team. I agree with you, the first floor rooms are fantastic and provide easy access to all hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I may help with any future reservations, please feel free to contact me at 858-792-8200. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. The room size and layout was really nice and I especially liked the breakfast servings! Didn't realize until I got home that I left some items in the room, and the hotel was great about getting them to me ASAP.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

If you enjoy visiting the attractions in San Diego, this hotel is confidently located for the on city ones. The staff is very friendly and accommodated all of our inquires and requests. The rooms are fine, clean and typical courtyard size. With free underground parking, and a pool in the center, the facility is nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vrrooom
Josh L, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, we’re thrilled you chose the Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach! San Diego has so many amenities and attractions to offer, we’re most thankful that you spent time just enjoying the hotel facility including the pool area, lobby, and guest room. Our team works so hard year round to provide a great overall experience for our guests, thank you for your positive and candid feedback. Please contact me if I may be of service for future reservations, or to just answer any general questions about the hotel and the Solana Beach area. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was going to a wedding at Rancho Santa Fe and the hotel is only a short distance from my destination. The reception desk was very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. The hotel is clean and spacious; it was a very nice and relaxing stay. The place is quiet even though it is next to a street. It is also a short distance from the Solana Beach. I watched the sunset on the cliff next to the beach. The rate is good. So all in all, a very good hotel.

I booked taking the bed and breakfast rate and I would not do it again. The breakfast at the hotel cafe is so so, and the attitude of the two servers at the counter was not the best. This is not a good combination.

Next time, for sure like to stay at the hotel again but no breakfast there.

Room Tip: Do not go for the bed and breakfast rate, the service and breakfast at the hotel cafe is not very go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 688t_c
Greetings,
Thank you for staying with us! We’re so happy that you chose to stay with us while attending a wedding in the neighboring community of Rancho Santa Fe. I have passed both constructive and positive comments along to the appropriate team members to ensure we improve on the Food and Beverage experience. We also want to make sure that we continue to serve our guests with the same high quality standards you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Our hope is to ensure that you think of us first when traveling to the Solana Beach area. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help with reservations, or have additional suggestions or comments. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick one night away. We used our Marriott points, super easy. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient receptionist. We asked her for a room overlooking the pool and she gave us the option of 1st or 2nd floor. We chose the 2nd floor based on the reviews on tripadvisor, good choice. Upstairs has high vaulted ceilings, down stairs has patio access. The room was surprisingly large (2 queens) and very clean. The bathrooms are on the small side with the shower and toilet separate from the sink area but the shower had nice tile and the shower curtain expanded to make more room. The pool area was very inviting and we enjoyed the warm sunshine in comfortable chairs. I love that they have free parking, mini fridge & mircowaves. In the morning we went for a long run, there were many places along the way with ocean views but the trail does not stay right along the coast. The hotel is not ocean front but it is very close. When we got back we were pretty tired and asked if we could get a late check out, they were very accommodating. My only negative to this hotel is that you can hear other guests in their rooms. Overall we had an amazing experience. The staff is to be commended!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach. Thank you for being such loyal Marriott Rewards Members! I am so happy to hear that you were able to take time for a quick getaway and take advantage of the benefits of the Marriott Rewards points program. Our pool is one of the highlights of the hotel and I’m so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the calm atmosphere. I have shared your comments with our team in order to better react to noise volume coming from neighboring guests. There are times when it can be challenging, however we are committed to ensuring your comfort. We welcome you back anytime in the future for a relaxing getaway, feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or comments. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solana Beach
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
4.0 of 5 stars 85 reviews

Been to Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach? Share your experiences!