“A place to be seen”

Station Sushi
Ranked #31 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Delicatessen
Reviewed July 4, 2012

To be fair, their sushi is tasty, and they have some "interesting" rolls and options not found elsewhere, but in the end, this is really mostly a place that the 20-30's crowd goes so that they can be seen at the "hipster" location.

If that matters to you, the by all means go - it's fine food and service (although you'll pay a bit of a premium for it), but if you want better value, or a more intimate location, there are options just a block (or two) south on 101 that are worth the walk.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I were visiting the San Diego area from Denver, CO for vacation. Some local friends recommended this place as their favorite sushi restaurant. Now we can say it's our favorite too! it's a small place with a very beachy/divey atmosphere, but their food is equal to a high end L.A. restaurant. My wife and I normally order 4 sushi rolls and share them. We ordered takeout was initially taken aback by the price until I got them home and saw the size of these rolls. They were large enough for two heavy meals or three light ones! Not only were the rolls the largest I have ever seen, they were also the best! They were incredibly fresh and flavorful! Don't hesitate to satisfy your sushi craving here!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

By far my favorite sushi... ever! Station Sushi has the best sushi in San Diego! I have to go there when I'm back in San Diego! It is small, the service is great and the price is right as well!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Definitely one of my favorite sushi bars in San Diego! A no frills sushi bar, with some uniquely name rolls, "Slippery when wet" and "Save your Drama for yo mama"! Very casual, locals and surfers in shorts and flip flops, with a friendly low key environment. Great people watching from the outdoor patio on Hwy 101, just a block from Fletcher Cove Beach and across the street from Solana Beach Train Station.

May all time fave is the Monkey Stick, light tempura, and the rolls as big as my hand, and so so so delicous.Ordered the Fantasy roll, and it came with a generous and healthy scoop of spicy tuna on top, sure to satisfy any starving teenager. The special rolls don't run cheap, but well worth the price. Happy hour available, too.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Perfect!! My second time here. Love it. I highly recommend sitting at the bar. Always new friends and always wonderful experience !