“Pamplemousse was Great!!”

Pamplemousse Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Pamplemousse Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wonderful place to go with Bob on Veteran's Day. The place has an excellent atmosphere, the waiters very attentive, and the food was divine! I had Australian Sea Bass and Bob had veal. The portions were super. Had a fantastic time!! Don't miss it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a business dinner with a fairly large group so we were able to eat in a private dining room with wine supplies. We met for cocktails in the bar, which is quite small and there were a number of people eating and drinking there. It seemed a pleasant atmosphere. That is as much as I can say about the main restaurant area because we walked outside and into an adjacent building for the dinner. The host ordered some of the very expensive toasted cheese sandwiches. They are a riot of flavors and if you ate a whole one I doubt you would want much more because they are very rich and fairly filling. We also tried the crab and tuna lollipops and found them to be very tasty and quite light. My steak and peppercorn sauce was tender and flavorful and I think everybody at the table was very happy. The two people that ordered the Kobe Cheeseburgers with truffle fries certainly were. The wines were very good and although i only glanced at the list I could see from the inventory around us that they have some excellent selections.I am told that this is a perennial favorite and understand why, although I can also see that it may be seen as a touch overpriced by some.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great service, very reasonably priced wine list. Kobe beef burger and lobster ravioli are an absolut must, and for dessert the trio of creme brulee. Always having a good time there.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stopped there on our recent trip to San Diego, at the recommendation of a friend. Just by luck our visit coincided with Restaurant Week, which probably saved me 25% or more on the bill. The place was crazy busy, but the service and food were up to a very high standard. We ate from the RW specials, which were inventive but not spectacular, but were executed very well. The decor is a little too commercial for my taste, but it does not distract

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Four of us ate at Pamplemousse last week and had a common impression of what used to be a very good restaurant; it is not as good as it was several years ago. The ambience is not and was never great; the food was average at best and certainly not worth the price charged for it. The service was attentive, but nothing out of the ordinary. There are many better restaurants in the area. Hopefully, we arrived on an off day, since historically it was a fine restaurant.

1  Thank ancienidad