“Authentic Mexican Food in North County”

Don Chuy Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
San Diego, California
“Authentic Mexican Food in North County”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Everyone in San Diego has their favorite Mexican restaurant. Our family has been going to Don Chuys for years. The menu is extensive and the food is authentic Mexican for a reasonable price. We have been here with small groups and groups of up to ten. Each time the service has been warm, friendly and prompt. It's a family-owned restaurant and it shows. If you are visitng San Diego or are a local give it a try. You won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mary0516

“Don Chuys....”
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I love the Cadillac n tatas marg oh n the service is great.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Not as good as Tony's Jacal (across the street). Fish tacos were great. Otherwise, food was ordinary.

Visited November 2011
San Diego, CA
“The BEST Mexican restaurant in Solana Beach”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I know those who live in Solana Beach love Fidel's and Tony Jacal's and while I find those to be wonderful restaurants, I think Don Chuy has the best Mexican dishes around town. At first glance, it looks like a hole in the wall, but when you walk in, it is nicely decorated with "papel picado" (decorative tissue paper) and once in a while you will have a mariachi band come in and serenade you. The chimichangas, carne asada tacos and enchiladas are fabulous and their salsa is terrific. We have bought the salsa in the past and enjoyed it at home with chips. My husband who is from Australia loves this place and takes his friends and family to Don Chuy when they come to visit us. In fact, his best man loved the place so much that on his return visit to San Diego in March, went to Don Chuy.
This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in town and while I may be in the minority, I believe the food served at Don Chuy is the best. La comida es muy deliciosa!

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank Hedi9
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Place - Been There For Years”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Decided to try this place in spite of some bad reviews. Drove up and it didn't look so great but we figured what the heck. Glad we went in. We sat outside. It's not fancy but nice atmosphere. The food was great and really plentiful. I only ate half my dinner. My husband ate all of his but wished he hadn't because he was too stuffed. We come to San Diego every year on vacation and will add this place to our "have to" eat at places.

2 Thank petsitter