“"Educating Rita" was superb!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
North Coast Repertory Theatre
Warminster, Pennsylvania
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“"Educating Rita" was superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

At the suggestion of a friend, we got tickets to join him on a Friday night for this show. He had told us a bit about the plot and the fact that the theater, which is tucked into the back corner of a shopping center, did not have a bad seat in it. What a pleasant evening we had! The stage set and cast were absolutely professional, and the venue made it feel as if you could reach out and touch the actors. There seems to be a wide variety of shows playing here this season. We hope to get back there soon!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Elaine C

San Marcos, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I attended a matinee of "Words By", a "new musical" about Ira Gershwin. Not your mega stage production at a mega venue with a 30 piece orchestra. It's a 192 seat theatre in a mall - and every seat is a good one. And it was a full house! Acoustics are good. The performers and musicians are as good as they get!! Direction great. It had interesting and amusing facts about Ira (and George) and a lot of WONDERFUL music. But then I like a Gershwin tune (and words). How about you? But it wasn't just Gershwin tunes. He collaborated with several other brilliant composers.

I enjoyed this performance as much as anything I've seen at Orange County Performing Arts and Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in L.A. as well as other venues in L.A. Just different - because it's small and intimate. I wanted to hug the performers and thank them.

I had won 2 tickets by entering a North County Times on line contest. What a lucky break. 500 had entered and only 10 won. Thank you North County Times. This was my first visit - but it sure won't be my last.

Check them out on line. This production has been extended to 11/18.

Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have seen wonderful shows here with local talent, as good as larger venues in San Diego. We often go to Shogun or Fish Market for a bite, then see the show. Don't let the fact this is not a large venue deter you from taking up a show here. Every seat is good, as the venue is more intimate. Hope you will try it sometime.

Visited September 2012