“Reasonable food at reasonable cost”

No photo provided
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Lomas Santa Fe Dr and Via De La Valle
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Steaks, fish, ribs etc worth a visit, if in local hotel check for free vouchers for appetisers. Friendly efficient staff.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the excellent poke and ceviche appetizers and the entree's we're delicious. However, my dining partner had to ask for refills of his empty glass twice and I was only offered one refill on my beer in a two hour period.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went with friends and we had enjoyed our conversation with our unlimited mimosas. Had a seafood omelet with fruit and wonderful potatoes and warm muffins. Excellent service. It is not a beach location though. We used travel zoo vouchers so it was a good value.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Down the street from the Courtyard by Marriott in Solana Beach is Woody's, which is affiliated with the American Airlines Dining Program. Based upon good reviews from the AA Dining Program, I went during Woody's extended Happy Hour (lasts until 7 pm Monday - Friday) and was not disappointed in the least. Appetizers are all half off -- and yet the portions are the same. I ordered too much for one person -- three dishes.

I started with two crab cakes dressed with a light tomato sauce, nicely prepared, tasty and substantial. What a great beginning. Next course was Ahi Woncos - lightly fried and attractively presented. Beautiful !

And then I went too far, ordering the Spicy Lobster Puerto Nuevo Quesadilla -- a full portion, again at half-price. Frankly, I didn't love it. The Spanish chorizo, which ideally would be a wonderful accompaniment to the lobster, was tough, chewy and in some bites, almost inedible.

The $5 house wine (Mondavi) was a great Happy Hour deal. All told, I was stuffed and happy. They have several HDTVs situated throughout the restaurant if you want your sports fix.

Service is a minor issue as they don't have enough staff (at least on the night I was there). However, Renee -- the bartender -- is incredible. Her service was above and beyond particularly when the restaurant became swamped with traffic ( the secret about Woody's is out!).

Notwithstanding the Quesadilla, I'd go back there for Happy Hour in a heartbeat. Great deal and very nice bartender.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our dinner started with a shrimp cocktail that was outstanding, but took a while to come out of the kitchen. Next I had the best piece of salmon that I have had in a long time and my husband had the lobster which he said was wonderful. All in all we would definitely go back again in the hopes that the service will improve.