“Great Food - Contemporary Upscale!”
Review of Crush

Crush
Ranked #21 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Don't let the location fool you. This is an upscale, fine restaurant! They have a very extensive wine list and something for every taste. The menu is eclectic and changes with the seasons - lots of seafood and meat dishes. The food is beautifully presented and artfully prepared (known for their huge, delicious meat ball h'orderve). Mussel dish is excellent. Fabulous desserts (try the chocolate butterscotch pudding). The mood is upscale contemporary chic - dimly lit - classy. Our server, Karissa, was outstanding - professional, friendly, responsive, timely. I have always had a superb meal there and it is a place I always frequent while in North County, San Diego. Leave the kids at home - more for a romantic dinner for two or a night out with the gals!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I tried this restaurant during San Diego restaurant week this month. I was a little leery, because in the past we have gone to restaurants during restaurant week and we have been treated like second class guests. That was definitely not the case at Crush! Our server was warm, friendly and knowledgable about the food and wines on the menu. I don't know much about wine, so I asked if he could recommend a good one. He suggested a couple and described them to me. Being the wine novice I am, his descriptions were not helping me much. He then let me sample a couple and took time out to speak with me about what I was tasting and smelling. During and after our meal the owner came by to make sure we were satisfied. He was warm and friendly but definitely not intrusive. I felt like a welcomed guest instead of a customer.
And the food was just as good as the service! I ordered the meatballs, chicken piccata and the apple strudel with maple ginger gelato. After trying the meatballs I thought that the other two courses could not be better, but I was very wrong. By the time I got to dessert, I thought I had died and gone to food heaven! The menu items I had were fresh, delicious and fun. The only negative comment I would have is that parking can be a little tough. However, the dining experience I had was well worth it. I have recommended this restaurant to several friends and I plan to go back very soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We had our first of what will be many evenings at Crush!
The environment is warm, inviting, lively and vibrant. This could translate to loud if you are not in the mood. It's a bit dark so we women were looking exceptionally fine! ((-;
The food was excellent and beautifully presented. We had the Wedge Salad, Truffle chicken, Pesto shrimp, Chicken parmesean and an amazing chocolate, butterscotch pudding that was twice as good as Blue Ribbon! (I can't believe that's even possible)
Service was wonderful.
It is upscale dining with pricing to match.
We look forward to our next visit to our new Crush!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just enjoyed one of our best meals ever at Crush, had the prix fixe Sunday meal of the best salmon ever. Great service, excellent paired wines and outstanding food. What could be better?

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great prices and food/drink selections at half price during happy hour--which runs until 6:30. I went here twice--lovely atmosphere and service.