“A Gem”

Winners Circle Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel/Timeshare is in the perfect location for soCal attractions. It is located 2 long Blocks from the beach right across the street from Del Mar racetrack(Free shuttle to the racetrack)4 adjacent restaurants and 1 block to the I-5 freeway.Newly remodeled beautiful units with private patios surrounding pool spa and clubhouse.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank John Q
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you for the excellent review of Winners Circle Resort! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the race track shuttle and your private patio. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for the first time wanting lodging close to the racetrack. Ideally located right across the street from De Mar track, the WCR was a great choice for us. Clean updated room with an equipped kitchen this establishment is also few minutes (And I mean minutes) from the beach and great dining (Fish Market restaurant next door) and shopping I might add. The staff was more then friendly and very quick to meet our needs.
Now every place is not perfect which is what prevented me from giving it 5/5. There were only two minor drawbacks...one was the free WIFI here was not good. We had to continually walk to the lobby to get a good signal. I hate to say it about this establishment but we've stayed in America's Best Value Inns with better WIFI.
Now the room. We stayed in room 172. Again clean, updated room with a bed that was more than comfortable. The only drawbacks to this room are first off it's located right next to the entry door of an enclosed hallway. People were coming back all hours of the night and it was summer so there was noise of kids whose parents were not aware they were making noise (Not the fault of WCR) and there's a 2nd floor staircase that runs right behind this room so foot traffic can be noisy.
We would stay here again because the place is great. Knowing what we know now we would be more selective of our room. I don't want to give anyone the impression we didn't have a great time here but I just wanted to throw out a few bits of caution. I also want to thank the staff for being helpful to us.

Room Tip: Check on the proximity of the room to the entry door and stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Coder
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our property and our friendly staff. We are looking into enhancing the performance of our WiFi network. We did a property-wide upgrade last year, but it's still not performing at the level we want for our guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope your can visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the room was gorgeous..with the shuttle service to the track, no car was needed.Amazing views and Solano beach and great restaurants within walking distance..Be sure to plan far enough in advance for the best rates,because it fills up fast

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve S
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and free shuttle service to the Del Mar Race Track. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The resort is in a great central location to access beaches, fabulous shopping, dinning and attractions. The rooms are clean and well kept, while the grounds maintained with beautiful gardens and pool facilities. Great place for a girls get away to relax and rejuvenate without a lot of kids screaming and taking over the resort. The workers are extremely friendly and helpful and give the resort a warm feeling. They even provide a shuttle over to opening day at the Del Mar Horse races. I would highly recommend this resort!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the pool on the first floor with the recent remodel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the races. We hope to see you again for Opening Day next year!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

perfect service friendly athmosphere! i love it!!!! great housekeeping!!!!!!! they are so friendly and understandable. rude girl at the front desk besides that my visit was exellent my kids and i enjoyed the pool very clean and the bbq grills there ate tables were you can relax.

• Stayed: June 2014
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad to hear you found our housekeeping staff friendly and helpful. We hope you and your family visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent two nights here with our young grand daughters. We stayed here due to its proximity to the San Diego County Fair.
The property is a time share wherein they rent out rooms on a daily basis. Our one bedroom with a pull out couch was perfect for us. There is a nice pool, jacuzzi and a kiddie pool. The pool is well heated, unlike some places I have stayed at. There are two excellent hotels adjacent to the property which we enjoyed. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The fully stocked kitchen was very useful. The only negative had to do with the house keeping. They did not clean out the coffee pot and never replaced the provided coffee. We left the kitchen clean, but I thought they would have done a better job putting the dishes in the dishwasher. The help was friendly, but nothing exceptional.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a room not near the pool area. The rooms are being re=decorated so ask for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your fully stocked kitchen, our pool area, and our location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked this hotel online and prepaid of two nights. Came there about 5:00pm and was assigned a room. When I walked to the room at the very end of the facility, I found the housekeeper there just starting to clean the room. She told e it will be ready in 5 minutes. I waited by the room for about half hour until it was done. The next day I left for the day. Came back at 5:00pm for a few minutes and the room was not cleaned yet. It was cleaned later, but they did not clean the coffee machine and did nit replenish the supplies (coffee and sugar) and did not wash a single cup in the sink.
The TV remote had dead batteries and there were no cups in the bathroom. The air conditioner was extremely noisy and woke me up a few times during the night when it came on. The hotel has no breakfast, except Mondays.
The room was generally comfortable. I guess it would be better if you do not face the road, which was noisy. I also do not recommend staying there during the fair (unless you are going there) because the hotel uses the same exit and it is jammed most of the time.
Don't thing I'd be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank travelman503

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Winners Circle. I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. As you can see from our other reviews, we pride ourselves on exceptional service. I understand your frustration with being assigned an unfinished room upon check-in. That is unacceptable.

I am truly sorry the coffee supplies in your room were not restocked. We generally restock those every day for occupied units. Additionally, we have fresh coffee available in the lobbby everyday until 12pm and you may always ask for more coffee and supplies from the front desk.

On the bright side, I am glad you enjoyed your comfortable room. I encourage you to give us another try to make it right. Please feel free to email me at jaquelynwahidi@winnerscircleresort.com if you would like to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solana Beach
2 mi away
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - ...
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea

Been to Winners Circle Resort? Share your experiences!