“Nice well maintained property in a good location”

Winners Circle Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent two nights here with our young grand daughters. We stayed here due to its proximity to the San Diego County Fair.
The property is a time share wherein they rent out rooms on a daily basis. Our one bedroom with a pull out couch was perfect for us. There is a nice pool, jacuzzi and a kiddie pool. The pool is well heated, unlike some places I have stayed at. There are two excellent hotels adjacent to the property which we enjoyed. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The fully stocked kitchen was very useful. The only negative had to do with the house keeping. They did not clean out the coffee pot and never replaced the provided coffee. We left the kitchen clean, but I thought they would have done a better job putting the dishes in the dishwasher. The help was friendly, but nothing exceptional.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a room not near the pool area. The rooms are being re=decorated so ask for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your fully stocked kitchen, our pool area, and our location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked this hotel online and prepaid of two nights. Came there about 5:00pm and was assigned a room. When I walked to the room at the very end of the facility, I found the housekeeper there just starting to clean the room. She told e it will be ready in 5 minutes. I waited by the room for about half hour until it was done. The next day I left for the day. Came back at 5:00pm for a few minutes and the room was not cleaned yet. It was cleaned later, but they did not clean the coffee machine and did nit replenish the supplies (coffee and sugar) and did not wash a single cup in the sink.
The TV remote had dead batteries and there were no cups in the bathroom. The air conditioner was extremely noisy and woke me up a few times during the night when it came on. The hotel has no breakfast, except Mondays.
The room was generally comfortable. I guess it would be better if you do not face the road, which was noisy. I also do not recommend staying there during the fair (unless you are going there) because the hotel uses the same exit and it is jammed most of the time.
Don't thing I'd be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank travelman503

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Winners Circle. I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. As you can see from our other reviews, we pride ourselves on exceptional service. I understand your frustration with being assigned an unfinished room upon check-in. That is unacceptable.

I am truly sorry the coffee supplies in your room were not restocked. We generally restock those every day for occupied units. Additionally, we have fresh coffee available in the lobbby everyday until 12pm and you may always ask for more coffee and supplies from the front desk.

On the bright side, I am glad you enjoyed your comfortable room. I encourage you to give us another try to make it right. Please feel free to email me at jaquelynwahidi@winnerscircleresort.com if you would like to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Winner's Circle Resort is conveniently located across the street from the Del Mar Race Track and a short walk to the beach. All rooms have been recently redecorated and are beautifully furnished. The rooms are spacious (2 baths) with fully equipped kitchens. The resort is beautifully landscaped and family friendly with parking close to the rooms. Beats a hotel room by a mile!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms in the back.
1  Thank Mark D
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of Winners Circle Resort! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated one-bedroom suite. We hope to see you again the next time you're visiting Southern California.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The people that work there are ALL very nice and funny. They go out of their way to accommodate you and make sure you are happy. The biggest thing that you should remember is to tell them to give you a pool view. It makes the BIGGEST difference in the world. At a price of 145 per night my room was huge with a huge balcony, 2 full bathrooms, a bed room, living room, kitchen, and two sliding glass doors to the patio.The one bad thing was when I asked for a razor to shave the one they gave me was by far the worst one I've ever tried to shave with. I ended up going to CVS half shaved, and bloody to get a razor.

Room Tip: get a pool view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Noshortz
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having fun and ensuring all our guests have a wonderful time is our #1 goal. We'll look into upgrading our complimentary razors, though. Come back and see us again the next time you visit SoCal!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a casual family beach resort. Our room was very clean with a beautiful patio that over-looked a wonderful floral landscaped pool area. The resort is across the street from the Del Mar race track and a half mile walk to the beach. Try the fish market next door for dinner or take a stroll through Del Mar in the evening. My only complaint is that the room was like taking a step back in time to the early 80's but I would go back again for a family beach week.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room facing the pool.
1  Thank Jeff S
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. We're happy that you enjoyed the Fish Market and the cleanliness of our property. We are entering the last phase of renovations in January 2015. Please visit us again next year, when our entire resort will be remodeled. As of today, 3/4 of our rooms are remodeled. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Overall this is a clean resort within a beautiful setting.The grounds are lovely and the pool area is very nice, although the pool was busy with kids and families during the times we wanted to use it. The clubhouse featured a big comfortable room with large television, sink, couches and billiard table.They only have one computer which was very slow, and there always people needing to use it. They definitely need about 3 computers for guests to use.One is just not enough, and a slow one at that. The laundry machines were a bonus, and we found then to be very handy.

The room itself was clean and the bed comfortable, however they still had the old tube style flatscreen television. The balcony was small and the table and chairs were far too large for it as we could not get in and out without a tight squeeze.This is something that definitely needs to be changed in the studios.

The maintenance staff do a great job in keeping everything clean. I noticed them cleaning the gas barbecues everyday, which is something I have not seen in alot of other resorts.They were always busy painting a staircase or taking care of the gardens, and it shows beautifully in the overall presentation.

The free Starbucks coffee was great every morning and we had coffee in the room as well. I found the front end staff to be very good, and checking in and out went very well. If I was in the area, I would definitely consider staying at this resort again.Thankyou to everyone, for making my vacation a relaxing one!

Winner's Circle is also in a very good location in Solana Beach. We walked under the I-5 highway to Whole Foods grocery store as well as Albertson's, etc. The #101 bus to La Jolla is up the street if you don't feel like driving into San Diego.Solana Beach also has an Amtrak station and a Coaster station (same place) for easy access in and out of the area.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor away from the pool if you want a quiet location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank swcgy
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for all of your comments about our resort. We're thrilled you enjoyed our location and grounds. It's great to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Please visit us again the next time you come to San Diego!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a place to relax and enjoy the surrounding area. They have a very nice pool that is great to use in the evening when there are not many children around. The best time to use it is in the morning when families go elsewhere to tour other places and one can enjoy the peacefulness. There many restaurants close by that one can enjoy. If one is looking to shop for groceries there is a Whole Foods store about a 15 minute walk away that has some of the best prices one can find and there is an Albertson opposite the street that one can get great savings.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing Winners Circle! We're glad you enjoyed the serenity of our pool and courtyard during the morning and evening hours. Please visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solana Beach
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Western Inn
Western Inn
#125 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Winners Circle Resort? Share your experiences!