1. Nice pool/courtyard with gorgeous flowers and greenery.
2. Three large gas grills were always clean and ready for use.
3. Outdoor bathrooms near pool were convenient.
4. Fire pit was great on those cool evenings, but parents, please keep kids in wet bathing suits off the seats.
5. Hot tub was nice and very hot (as a hot tub should be), but again, parents allowed children to use it as a kiddie pool. Not cool.
6. One updated room that I saw was nice. No smell, flat screen tv, updated kitchen and thermostat.
7. Parking is free.
#4 & 5 were more the fault of clueless parents than Winner’s Circle but perhaps signs (combined with attentive parents) would help. Also, I recommend adding these things to the long list of rules you are required to initial at check-in.
1. The hallways are dark and smell stale/old.
2. Our room also had an old, stale, mildew smell.
3. It is always a red flag to me when a hotel room has old, tube televisions and polyester bedspreads. Maybe expected for Motel 6 but not a facility that claims resort status.
4. Do not, under ANY circumstances, book Winners Circle during the annual fair. It is directly across the street and traffic is nightmarish. Depending on the time of day, it will take 1-2 hours to get off the exit. That is not an exaggeration. After doing that once, we figured out to drive (out of our way) to the next exit then backtrack.
5. No business center/computer (that I saw or read about in the hotel book).
6. Coffee only in the a.m. Booooo!
7. Could not communicate with housekeeping as they speak zero English...at least the one we tried to talk to. I always take my own pillowcase to cover hotel cases and day #2 it was gone after housekeeping came through. I travel quite a bit and this NEVER happened before. Grrrr.
I would not recommend staying here unless you can be guaranteed an update room (which apparently they won’t do). You may be fine with it if your expectations are low or you are used to outdated Motel 6 level of room. I would, however, definitely return, but only if all rooms were updated. Even better...raze the buildings and start from scratch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winners Circle Resort is a boutique style resort hotel located in the heart of Solana Beach, ideally located next to the Del Mar Race Track. Winners Circle Resort is just minutes away from the beautiful beaches of Del Mar, CA and offers spacious studio, one and two-bedroom suites complete with private patio or balcony. Ideally located near the Del Mar racetrack, 20 minutes north of the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and other attractions, the Winners Circle resort is perfectly situated to make the most out of your trip to San Diego. Winners Circle Resort offers free parking, free Wifi, and turnover Service. Additionally, this Del Mar Hotel features on site laundry, on site restaurants, a tennis club, a pool, a hot tub, a clubhouse complete with a pool table, a ping pong table, outdoor gas grills, and picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Winners Circle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winner`s Circle Hotel Solana Beach
- Winners Circle Hotel