“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lockwood Table Cafe
Ranked #13 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oceanside, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I really enjoyed lunch at this cafe. I'd been to Solana Beach before, but this was my first visit to this restaurant. It is small and quaint, but we had trouble getting a table (and outside to boot!). I ordered the portabello and tomato flatbread. It was delicious. The ingredients tasted fresh and it was just the right portion for one person. I highly recommend it, even if you're not a vegetarian. I will definitely go back to Lockwood!

• Visited April 2013

Ashburn, Virginia
“Definition of Serendipity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I believe it's when you find something by shear luck. We were wandering the streets of Solana Beach and saw the sign on the sidewalk leading back an alley to this little spot. The food was great, service was more than friendly, and the whole experience started our day off right. Two thumbs up... way up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carlsbad, California
“Parisan Cafe Meets the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Missed this location the first time, but a side-street area houses this little gem. I was there around lunch time so got the "Cedros" sandwich which was turkey/avacado/bacon on sourdough panini style with a side of lentils for $8.25. Just had water to drink and was give a heavy glass container so I had plenty and was given lemon the first time. (Believe me this can be the hardest item to get some places). The door was large and open and it was a bit chilly, so I ate inside wishing I had my sweater but it was fine. A party of 12 sat inside and all seemed happy and enjoying their experience. The drink list looked interesting with several choices I will try next vist. This seems to be the place to go for all that are tired of the lines and prices at Claires. Quaint, simple, good food and excellent service at good price. Only thing that would be better is an ocean view, but c'est la vie.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Barbara W
San Diego, California
“ummm.. consider being nicer?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I don't care how cute your cafe is (which by the way, its not cuter than the Zinc cafe on that same street) but you might want to learn a lesson in real customer service.

I was on my way to an appointment (with parental units) and had no time to stop for a real breakfast but we thought we would give this new place a try for a quick coffee since we always go to the Zink cafe and the idea was to 'change it up'!

The woman greeted us with respect... until she realized we were only here for coffee and not a sit down breakfast and she said "all we have available is coffee to go" .. i laughed internally because there were MANY seats avail; she clearly just didn't want us to occupy one of those tables if were "just" going to have coffee.. It definitely was not a very friendly or inviting way to get business from us in the future.

I said nothing and accepted to have the coffee to go since anyway we were in a hurry but she made my mocha and i realized she did not fill it up.. there was well over 1.5 inches left.. I said nothing thinking maybe i was loca.. but i secretly opened my cup on my way out before taking a sip and sure enough it was 3/4ths full!!! but she was too lazy to re-heat some milk and finish the drink off !!! She could have just asked me if that was ok and i would have been ok with that but not telling me and hiding it from me, i thought was rude.. especially after i had just paid $3.50 cents for a mocha which is basically, the same price as Starbucks minus the customer service.

So all in all, i was totally disappointed and i will never step foot here again. They clearly dont deserve my business for breakfast on another day considering they dont want me when im having just coffee. Definitely not a first good impression!

Management should really learn a few things about taking care of all customers.. you might want to be careful for those first timers that try you out and then get totally disappointed.

Cheers!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SaraSelavie
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Yes, it's hard to find and on the small side but the food is worth the effort. We were looking for something with a variety of choices and a place that wouldn't break the bank. If you're in he area I'd recommend stoping by for lunch.

• Visited October 2012