“My comfort place”

Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This is my home away from home.
It's cozy and friendly. The food and the service are great.
Best to go early Mon-Thurs, when it's not so crowded.
The owners are always running around....it's clear that it is a labor of love.

1  Thank Hisa92075

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Food and service was just wonderful. Pancakes had real homemade taste, Eggs Benedict on a croissant were unforgettable! I hope I will get to eat there again!

1  Thank Redhead08
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I loved our food and the atmosphere of this cute restaurant, but we lost one of our party of 3 when we had to wait for over 50 minutes to get a table. I would not be upset, except that when I went in to complain, there were several tables available and the hostess had just messed up. But instead of apologizing and taking responsibility she made all kinds of lame excuses. BUT, once they seated us, the service and food was terrific.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

Went here with a party of 11 on a sunday morning around noon. Got seated in 10 minutes. Waitress was helpful and attentive. We ordered everything from just whole wheat toast to full breakfasts with eggs and pancakes. All were fresh and customized to order as we requested. Coffee was plentiful and good flavored and many tea selections . They have numerous organic and vegetarian options. Park around the back. Nice outdoor eating area but because of our large party we opted for inside. A bit of a view, but folks come here for fair-priced plentiful food. Looked like a lot of locals were here, which is always a great barometer.

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I heard a rumor that Claire's had opened and was not only 'green' but dog friendly, so my 4-legged friend and I simply had to check it out.

I had arranged to meet friends for lunch and as I walked along N Cedros Ave, I began to think I had got the address wrong. The restaurant is located quite a way along from the station entrance (on the opposite side) and, as the restaurant is slightly set back from the road with a slate /stone sign, it isn't immediately obvious that there is a restaurant there. I was almost on top of it before I noticed it!

The features of this novel, 'green' place is well documented on the restaurant web site and in other reviews on tripadvisor, so I won't bore you again. However, I loved the fact that the stylish window boxes contained herbs and veggies which were going to be used in the food.

My dog was brought a home baked doggy biscuit and water bowl. I had the burger with fries, pickle etc which was really lovely and only cost $7.95.( I was convinced that as it was green and trendy that it would have prices to match but it wasn't the case.)

My lunch companions had the chicken and mango salad and salad nicoise which were also excellent.

There is ample seating on the front deck, on the rear patio area with tables and umbrellas and in a large indoor area which will be great on cooler days. Claire's also has parking available at the back of the restaurant and it is also possible to park either at the station or on nearby streets.

If you are visiting the trendy stores on S Cedros, it is just a short stroll away on the other side of Loma Santa Fe. It is also easily accessible by foot from Cardiff State Beach as the new bridge over the railway line brings you out almost opposite Claire's.

(Note for dog owners: Cardiff is a dog friendly beach whereas they are banned from the sand in Solana Beach).

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and the many friends I have already sent there are in agreement. It is our new favorite place.

2  Thank 92,075