“Wow. Great short rib hash!”
Review of Claire's on Cedros

Claire's on Cedros
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We came here based upon my dad's recommendation as a local. We were not disappointed. The short rib hash was perfect topped with two runny eggs. The peppers and potatoes were cooked perfectly. The meat was lean and tasty. My wife had the traditional pancakes and liked them. Service was fast and friendly.

Be sure to read the sign about the green design of their building...very interesting.

There are newer reviews for Claire's on Cedros

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is wonderful! Sat outside both times. Wonderful waitstaff Must get the lemon ricotta pancakes. They make their own ricotta. Everything we ate was just fabulous.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I'm Italian and I can honestly say that Claire's on Cedros was the best casual style meal I had in SD area. Me and my boyfriend really loved it, food was amazing (try the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, it was an outstanding veggie sandwich), cool atmosphere (it reminds me a bit Provence) and excellent prices ( around $35 for two people, including drinks).
Moreover we could enjoy the sun on the front terrace and for sure it made our waiting very pleasant. Claire's I love you !!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I met a friend here for breakfast on a Sunday morning at 10. She arrived a few minutes earlier to put our name in. I was a few minutes late due to looking for parking. Don't park in the transit center across the way; tickets were being written as I drove through!

We got coffee at the takeout counter and sat on the lovely porch to wait. We got our table at 10:35 - not too bad considering how busy they were.

The menu is amazing for a place this size, with many wonderful choices and breakfast served all day. My friend and I both had the deee-licious green scramble (eggs with pesto, spinach, zucchini and goat cheese) with a side of very fresh and perfectly dressed salad - yes, a lot of greens, but a good combo. (I could have had fruit or potatoes as a side.) The toast and accompanying jam were so wonderful I ate more than I intended and enjoyed every bite.

Service was friendly and efficient, patio was covered and pleasant.

I can't wait to try more of the menu items -- but I'll give it a shot on a weekday and see if the wait is less and the parking is easier.

1  Thank oscar505
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a busy spot, but they are very efficient and attentive. We had an order of sweet potato fries as an appetizer and salads and omelets as the main meals. All were excellent, the Myer's steak salad is a real winner.