“Wonderful patio and food.”
Review of Claire's on Cedros

Claire's on Cedros
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a busy spot, but they are very efficient and attentive. We had an order of sweet potato fries as an appetizer and salads and omelets as the main meals. All were excellent, the Myer's steak salad is a real winner.

There are newer reviews for Claire's on Cedros

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great baked goods, reasonable prices, it can get a little loud when full. Nice patio for dining on nice days

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife raves about this place so we went for a family lunch the other day. The reviews are spot on target that the food is good and the atmosphere is great. The staff is very friendly as well.

They have a small parking lot and we got lucky with a spot but even if you don't snag a spot, it's located across the street from a large parking lot for the train so there is a lot of parking in the area which is convenient.

If you come on the weekend, expect to wait for a table. They said the wait for 4 was about 15 minutes but it was more like 30 minutes. There were a lot of people outside waiting. But it was a beautiful day with 75 degree weather a few days before Christmas. Who can complain with gorgeous weather like that?

We waited outside and my wife went in to get a tea, which she also says is the best she has ever had. We glanced at the menu while we were waiting outside. Finally they called our name and we got seated. The hostess was very friendly and was an older women. She apologized for the long wait and even warned that they were short staffed so she asked for some understanding. She said some guy just blew up for the extremely slow service. We told her not a problem.

It did take a while to get the food but they did admit they were short staffed that day. We got a table inside but they also had a few tables outside in front and a bigger back terrace area. The place was totally packed.

They had some coloring sheets for the kids with a few crayons which young kids always enjoy. I got the Eggs Benedict with roasted potatoes and it was quite good. My wife got the "Green Scramble" which she has got before and raves about. For her side she got some sliced tomatoes and they were too ripe to serve especially for a side dish. Our kids got some cheese quesadillas with the kids meal. I ordered a lemonade which was outrageously good but I guess then it should be at around $4 a glass.

We got some almond croissants to go which were great. They have a bakery there where you can order stuff to go. It all looked great.

I'd definitely come back again but probably never on the weekend as the lines are too long and the service was slow. I'm not sure if it was just because they were short staffed but I imagine they always are busy on the weekends. I'd definitely come back during the week when hopefully it isn't so busy.

But all in all really good food and I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This is one if the noisiest restaurants I have ever experienced and you cannot hear your table mates when eating inside. Because of the location across from the train station, near many businesses and a school it is usually impossible to find a parking place. Not worth the trouble and the food is relatively expensive. There are many other places to eat in the area without the drawbacks of this one presents.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

A Tasty and varied breakfast menu. Your coffee cup is quickly refilled, and the outside tables are small dog friendly too!